RATINGS: 984   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.49/5   EST. CALORIES: 243   ABV: 8.1%
The two eleven mark, based on the medieval symbol for steel, appears only on Steel Reserve(R) High Gravity lager. We use nearly twice the ingredients of many normal lagers & brew for over twice as long as many quality beers.

witchxrapist (1) - Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 1, 2011 does not count
Ah yes, Steel Reserve. 8.1 my son. Steel Reserve is my tried and true. It reminds me somewhat of a malt liquor pear juice, and I feel many of the naysayers say as such as, I’ve noticed most pizza shops selling it, generally don’t know how to handle their beers, and so its unfortunately going to be skunked way too often, ooor that it’s cheap malt liquor, which is taboo. I am a fan of all kind of malts, and I’ve had rather expensive "high quality" malts on tap at local taverns that taste identical to Steel.

thecaptain99 (1) - USA - AUG 14, 2001 does not count
It comes in 24 oz cans. There’s nothing like getting F’ed up on 4 cans of beer!!! Best alcohol content for the money.

cjporosk (1) - USA - JUN 9, 2003 does not count
I'm amazed that this beer is rated so low. I am a veteran beer drinker and consider this beer a tasty rare find in the beer world. It is advertised as a Lager, not a malt liquor. In any case, it has a nice taste, is cheap, and has a good kick. What more could you want?? If you want something different (or marginally better) go ahead and spend three or four times your money. This is a beer that resembles many of the finest beers in Eastern block Europe as well... Drink it with an open mind and no preconceptions if you can and enjoy....

deeznuts (1) - USA - MAY 12, 2006 does not count
tastes a bit rotten, but it gets me where i want to be at a low price. put simply: it’s the nickel express train to my destination, even if it hurts to come home afterwards- with steel reserve, you can afford to stay there all the time.

BeerFanDan17 (1107) - Brunswick, Maine, USA - JUL 22, 2007
Wow. For the price this is an extraordinary beer. Great flavors of malt and grain. Very smooth and tasty... much better than the majority of macros and a high alcohol content gets you nice an drunk.

BrockLandersLS (109) - San Diego, California, USA - JUN 6, 2002
A decent 40 and a fav amongst the college crowd. But for a forty it does have alot of character.

Falconseye8 (542) - Evans, Colorado, USA - MAR 8, 2006
My next door neighbor brought me a can to sample from his trip in wisconsin. I think this is getting rated a little under the wire. Nice hop/malt flavor, sweet, molasses, and hint of lime. Beer drinking season is just around the corner. This is a respectable beer. Packaging leaves something to be desired, but its whats inside that really counts.

CrimsonGhost1971 (188) - USA - FEB 21, 2002
This stuff tastes similar to Bull Ice but a tad stronger. I gave it a hight overall impression score because a forty gets you fucked up quick but damn it takes work to get down that forty.

bgamble (10) - Cypress, Texas, USA - JAN 17, 2007
Whoa is all I can say. Hold on to your beer gauge. This stuff packs a punch and will knock you in the dirt if you drink to fast. Belive it when they say twice the malt and twice the flavor or whatever they say. Super cheap, super strong. the flavor is really strong. Might be to powerful for ome fold, but it is not bad to have a few every once in a while. Also it is a Texas beer!

Altdeutsch (2) - - JUN 18, 2014 does not count
Much malted grain, likely including others than barley, some hops, yeast and water - then let ferment. What can be wrong? Deviation from German law is likely that other grains may be included, but this is not Germany. Regardless, this is an US interpretation close to German "Starkbier" (strong-beer), and nothing wrong with it. Remember, beer is "liquid bread" in Germany, not a luxury article. As such it is unpretentious, simple and good. Liked it.