RATINGS: 870   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.5/5   EST. CALORIES: 243   ABV: 8.1%
The two eleven mark, based on the medieval symbol for steel, appears only on Steel Reserve(R) High Gravity lager. We use nearly twice the ingredients of many normal lagers & brew for over twice as long as many quality beers.

P-tor44 (886) - Anchorage, Alaska, USA - JUN 22, 2001
metallic and shitty. I'm sorry I even bothered taking a sip of this........

beerdrinkingking (47) - Colorado, USA - FEB 14, 2002
tastes like crap but works if you want to get drunk and just don't care.....

daalamar (405) - new albany, Indiana, USA - JUL 19, 2002
Pure rotgut swill. CHEAP stuff that packs a punch. If your broke and want to get drunk this is the way to go.

Aesir (130) - Tustin, California, USA - SEP 12, 2002
If a bum ever asks you for spare change and you give him a giant can of this instead, he'll be thrilled. I, on the other hand, have unfortunately undergone some bourgeoisification in my upbringing. Consequently, I've become accustomed to certain niceties such as running water, eating utensils, and beer that doesn't taste like shit.

jaymobrown (1845) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - NOV 5, 2002
I had $2 in my pocket and this fell clearly within the range. That should have told me to run away, fast. Solidly clear yellow with micro-bubbles. Strong awful bitter nose. Old water left in rotten grapefruit. The alcohol is overpowering, but it smells and tastes like rubbing alcohol. It completely ruins everything. The slight malt that tries to surface is tied and beaten to a pulp. It has high alcohol, but cheap buzz.

SDquaffer (18) - San Diego, California, USA - DEC 7, 2002
Riverside county, last call throwback liquor store...all choices were lousy, so I opted for the 'high gravity' choice... don't bother, unless you have paintbrushes to clean...

Volgon (2763) - Manchester, New Hampshire, USA - FEB 12, 2003
UPDATED: JAN 11, 2004 I got me a 22OZ can of this bad boy. It was fizzy, yellow and had corn mixed with alcohol in the nose. Swallowing is hard. I still have 23OZ's to drink. Ughh. The only thing going for it is the cool looking can and a good price/alcohol break-point. Hey there isn't any Commercial Description listed for this beer. It's printed right on the can. Heh heh that's funny.

AlabastorJones (814) - Seattle, Washington, USA - APR 9, 2003
UPDATED: APR 10, 2003 ooooooof, the town drunk is the only one that has the right to be drinking this god awful fluid

AustinMilbarge (681) - Denver, Colorado, USA - APR 9, 2003
This stuff tastes terrible. There is no one character that is able to overcome the overpowering awefulness of this brew. I really think malt liquors are far and away my least favorite style, to date. It is thick tasting and kind of sweet but not good sweet, bad sweet. The one saving grace is that this is cheap. On second thought, if it were expensive then both excuses for not buying a beer (too expensive, doesn't taste good) would hold, you would no longer be able to say "it tastes like ass, but at least it's cheap"

MIBRomeo (2570) - Wisconsin, USA - JAN 30, 2005
same yellow color as all the others smelled like sweet cat piss palate was metalic and the flavor was just simply aweful.