overall
RATINGS: 70   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.67/5   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 111   EST. CALORIES: 339   ABV: 11.3%

ElGaucho (2401) - Minnetonka, Minnesota, USA - JAN 17, 2014
UPDATED: MAR 6, 2014 3-6-14 re-rate: 750ml bottle. Felt the need to re-rate this so soon as I have come to the conclusion that this beer is far better than I originally gave it credit for and far better than my fellow Ratebeerians would seem to suggest. I like this better than Hopslam and better than Abrasive, recognizing that this is technically a subtly different style. Liquid gold and perhaps my new favorite beer on the planet. 1-17-14:Draft at brewery. Fresh, sweet, fruity hop aroma that reminds me a bit of Hopslam. Slightly hazy amber although tough to tell in the dim light of the bar. Excellent off white head and lace. Really excellent brew that is not dissimilar to Hopslam. Call it a poor man’s Hopslam although that is said in the most complimentary way. Steel Toe’s best beer, also said in the most complimentary way. 10, 4,9,5,18

KpDiscGolfMN (2) - St. Paul, Minnesota, USA - JAN 28, 2014 does not count
World class beer. Amazing fruity flavors and verly subtle bitterness. This is a must try!

Kerosene (18) - Plymouth, Minnesota, USA - JAN 30, 2015
Incredible beer, with an amazing number of uniquely combined taste layers. I was fortunate to snag 3 large bombers (25.6 oz) from the brewery for a very reasonable $10/bomber. Nowadays I tend to drink beer more for the taste than the buzz, but after a single mid-day 10-oz glass I was feeling the effects of this monster! Calling it a Triple IPA is not an overstatement by any means.

trrhein (18) - Minnesota, USA - JAN 15, 2015
For an ABV of 11% & IBU of 111, the aroma and taste of this triple IPA is solid. Also throw in that it's $10 for a bomber and this is a steal! ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AnokaBrewer (223) - Anoka, Minnesota, USA - FEB 11, 2015
This is now a Triple IPA purchased in a 22 ounce bottle. The UPC matches this selection. Golden color with a strong hop aroma. Excellent blend of hops and malt. Bitter finish.

bucs572000 (237) - Minnesota, USA - MAY 18, 2013
Aroma is citrus, orange, pine, and grapefruit. Flavor is citrus up front then I get orange peel, pine, grapefruit, and tropical fruit. Actually pretty juicy for being so hoppy.