overall
RATINGS: 54   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.43/5   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Steg Gold, a classic American lager, is very crisp and clean and easy to drink. We use the finest American two-row and six-row barley and a blend of the finest American hops.

Parrothead (294) - Ephrata, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 21, 2011
16oz can. Pours a deep gold with a small head. Nose of corn...or is it wet cardboard? Heavy mouthfeel. Overly malty, little or no hops. I’ll pass the next time.

DiarmaidBHK (4924) - Lewisburg, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 28, 2011
Pours loss colored from can without much head. No aroma to speak of unless you spill it on someone’s clothing. Taste was faintly of grains with a slightly metallic aftertaste. Certainly not the worst pale lager ever but I bought an 18 pack so I have 16 more to get rid of. Someone’s going to get a really shitty secret Santa gift.

joeyplush (648) - Garnet Valley, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 22, 2011
Bottle from State Line. Exactly what I expected but the flavor exceeded my expectations a bit - overall the beer was not as watered down or processed as some other mass produced cheap beers. I would try this one again.

Frank (4196) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - FEB 10, 2011
My second new pale lager in as many days. To me, there is not much closer to heaven that I can get w/o taking the plunge to my final reward. This one is pale golden in color w/ a small white head. The particular hue is one I actually find quite appealing. This could easily be one of the finest beers in the world based on appearance. It’s not though. It’s a grainy, fizzy and refreshing brew. It might be a bit on the watery side but it does have decent hop character, which is a bit grassy and maybe very lightly skunked. I’d say in the end this does achieve what it sets out to achieve which is to be a light drinkable lager w/ a little more character than your standard American fare. I certainly have no complaints about that.

chandler0201 (650) - Durham, North Carolina, USA - DEC 27, 2010
Yellow pour with large white head. Smell of some malts and hint of nuts, flavor was watery but at least better than the typical lager.

ROGUE (2215) - Lewes, Delaware, USA - DEC 1, 2010
12oz bottle. Poured a light Golden yellow color with one finger head. Smell was very faint, a little bit of hops and some grain. Taste was mild and balanced. Mouthfeel was crisp and dry. Better than a macro lager for the same price, but thats about it.

bhensonb (15251) - Woodland, California, USA - JUN 15, 2010
Bottle as Stegmaier Gold from local discount grocery. Pours gold with a white head. Aroma is a bit bready. Near medium body with foamy carbonation. Flavor is bready with a decent amount of hop - considering the style. Much more to this than a standard macro.

Leighton (21299) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - JUN 3, 2010
Bottle. Pours a clear, pale yellow-gold with a fizzy, small white head. Grainy malt aroma with almost no hops. Flavor is very sweet, bready, some caramel and sugary syrup, some weak earthiness, faint bitterness towards the finish. Light in body, average carbonation. Gotta drink this fella quick - warmth really brings out the worst here. Not terrible overall but there are better pale lagers for sure.

jtclockwork (16602) - , New Jersey, USA - MAY 13, 2010
Pale yellow pour in the glass. Nose and taste is unremarkable malts and light bread. Rated 7/10/2000

patrick767 (4063) - fort wayne, Indiana, USA - APR 4, 2010
tap at JK O’Donnells - The pub replaced their Warbird Mustang Gold (out of business) with this beer. It’s another pale lager and is about what I expected. It’s light and boring, but at least manages to not be as weak and watery as many examples of the style. Palatable, but it’s not one I’ll buy again.