overall
Brewed by InBev Belgium
Style: Pale Lager
Leuven, Belgium

RATINGS: 3330   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.48/5   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
Stella Artois is one of the world’s best-selling beers and is enjoyed in more than 80 countries. Its full, characteristic flavour and high quality is assured through a superior brewing process and by using the finest ingredients available.
The UK version is brewed, filtered and kegged at Samlesbury. Batches are sent to Magor for pasteurising before being canned or bottled.

beerBB (132) - Harleysville, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 3, 2006
Not much of a fan of this. I realize it is continuing to grow in popularity but I find it pretty bland with a stange, funky aftertast. With so many other great Belgiums out there just leave this one alone.

CanadaCam (109) - CANADA - APR 2, 2006
UPDATED: SEP 9, 2006 What can I say about "Wife Beater" that hasn’t already been said before? Stella has really taken off in Canada over the past five or six years, thanks largely to a marketing campaign in this country -- I’d dare say it may even be the No. 1 European brew over here. Aside from a slight skunky smell (not NEARLY as bad as Heineken, mind you) this is an all-around good pint. A word to the wise, though: If you’re visiting Canada and you pop into a pub to order a Stella, ask that they pour it into a regular, standard pint glass. If you don’t, they’ll probably pour it into one of these pretentious one-pint glasses which resembled an oversized wine glass. Draught beer should ONLY be served in standard pint glasses, but that’s just my opinion.

zepher70 (3) - California, USA - MAR 31, 2006 does not count
This is a nice light, smooth and easy drinking beer for the everyday consumption

stef92 (128) - Williamstown, New Jersey, USA - MAR 31, 2006
Miller Lite with a fancy name! Urine colored. Very light on taste. In fact might as well have had a glass of water.

awebster (165) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - MAR 30, 2006
Just like American macrobrews. I.E. not very good. Pale, watery, bland. ’Nuff said.

biggcb (464) - Harleysville, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 29, 2006
If nothing else, this is very ordinary. It is not a bad beer, but does not do justice to most of the other products that come out of Belgium. Calling it the Budweiser of Belgium might be a little tough, but not too far from the truth.

CardsFanBudMan (3) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - MAR 29, 2006 does not count
One of my all time favorites! Like beer in general, it is an acquired taste.

1.3
eboats (1082) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - MAR 29, 2006
I actually have notes on this. Let me sum them up: Pile of shit kgwthxbye.

onystrom (1333) - Magellan Hunter! - Skanderborg, DENMARK - MAR 28, 2006
Clear yellow color with a great head. Ordinary lager but not a bad one, No spiciness in mine...

AmazonMatt (285) - PANAMA - MAR 25, 2006
You’ve got to be kidding me! "Beautiful", "citrus", "hoppy"???? Well, mine WAS from a can, but I’ve had from a bottle earlier, and I didn’t finish that either, so I don’t think that I am biased by the can.... There is little about this beer that makes it noticable over a Tecate or a Corona. And I am not being biased by style, there is much more complexity in a Beck’s, which I recently had, or a Sam Adams. Pours pee yellow with an eggshell head, no corn or rice flavors. I think that there is only barley in this one (so it gets over a 2). No spice on the finish, in fact rather flat on the taste meter. There are much better options, even in Panama. I don’t understand why, when I visited NYC last summer that this beer was so freaking trendy....Rolling Rock is better. This beer doesn’t deserve being Belgian.