overall
Brewed by InBev Belgium
Style: Pale Lager
Leuven, Belgium

RATINGS: 3303   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.49/5   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
Stella Artois is one of the world’s best-selling beers and is enjoyed in more than 80 countries. Its full, characteristic flavour and high quality is assured through a superior brewing process and by using the finest ingredients available.
The UK version is brewed, filtered and kegged at Samlesbury. Batches are sent to Magor for pasteurising before being canned or bottled.

awebster (165) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - MAR 30, 2006
Just like American macrobrews. I.E. not very good. Pale, watery, bland. ’Nuff said.

biggcb (464) - Harleysville, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 29, 2006
If nothing else, this is very ordinary. It is not a bad beer, but does not do justice to most of the other products that come out of Belgium. Calling it the Budweiser of Belgium might be a little tough, but not too far from the truth.

CardsFanBudMan (3) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - MAR 29, 2006 does not count
One of my all time favorites! Like beer in general, it is an acquired taste.

1.3
eboats (1082) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - MAR 29, 2006
I actually have notes on this. Let me sum them up: Pile of shit kgwthxbye.

onystrom (1333) - Magellan Hunter! - Skanderborg, DENMARK - MAR 28, 2006
Clear yellow color with a great head. Ordinary lager but not a bad one, No spiciness in mine...

AmazonMatt (285) - PANAMA - MAR 25, 2006
You’ve got to be kidding me! "Beautiful", "citrus", "hoppy"???? Well, mine WAS from a can, but I’ve had from a bottle earlier, and I didn’t finish that either, so I don’t think that I am biased by the can.... There is little about this beer that makes it noticable over a Tecate or a Corona. And I am not being biased by style, there is much more complexity in a Beck’s, which I recently had, or a Sam Adams. Pours pee yellow with an eggshell head, no corn or rice flavors. I think that there is only barley in this one (so it gets over a 2). No spice on the finish, in fact rather flat on the taste meter. There are much better options, even in Panama. I don’t understand why, when I visited NYC last summer that this beer was so freaking trendy....Rolling Rock is better. This beer doesn’t deserve being Belgian.

sanmiguel (118) - Illinois, USA - MAR 25, 2006
Bottled. Beautiful. Citrus aroma, fruity flavor, smooth finish. Recommended!

Tejas (1006) - Dallas, Texas, USA - MAR 23, 2006
Preface: This was tasted after a few scotches and Miller Lites at the hockey game. I don’t think this one is as bad as a 21 rating. It wasn’t great but it did have some body and a little spiciness. Also, was plenty drinkable. I could put quite a few away in one sitting.

StueyD (1583) - Heacham, Norfolk, ENGLAND - MAR 21, 2006
A light, pale yellow colour with a weak, white head. The nose is an immediate tinny, citrusy aroma, with some hoppy notes after. The taste is also of dry hoppiness, but rather tasteless in the finish.

dj (620) - Greater London, ENGLAND - MAR 18, 2006
UPDATED: MAY 30, 2006 Bottle, 330ml. A pale yellow-coloured pour with a large fizzy mostly-diminishing head. Faint aroma of hops. Not much in the taste department, but a reasonable bitter finish for this type of lager. High carbonation. Drinkable, but not great.