overall
Brewed by InBev Belgium
Style: Pale Lager
Leuven, Belgium

RATINGS: 3304   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.49/5   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
Stella Artois is one of the world’s best-selling beers and is enjoyed in more than 80 countries. Its full, characteristic flavour and high quality is assured through a superior brewing process and by using the finest ingredients available.
The UK version is brewed, filtered and kegged at Samlesbury. Batches are sent to Magor for pasteurising before being canned or bottled.

hopnpop (73) - Wexford, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 13, 2004
Looks like your typical bottom fermented brew, nice clean light golden color with a decent white head. Aroma of flowers and malt. Initial taste was slighty lemony with a strong undetectable flavor that I was unaccustomed too. Not unpleasant, just funky.

dp (608) - uniontown, Ohio, USA - OCT 9, 2004
Out of the tap. a light tasting yet full beer. I can take or leave the beer for the price.

SledgeJr (3577) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - OCT 7, 2004
UPDATED: MAR 15, 2007 In the can aboard Brittish Airways. Gold in color. Lots of carbonation. Huge Belgian head upon pouring. In fact, I would call it frothy and pillowy. This beer smells like pork! Not skunky at all (in the can). Gorgeous lacing in my crappy little plastic airplane cup. Beer has a sweet palate with a low hop flavor. The killer head remains to the end at 30K ft. If this is the worst that Belgium has to offer, then Katy bar the door! UPDATE May 2006: seems a lot more boring in the green bottle at KC Barbecue in San Diego. At least I got a free shot of Night Train. UPDATE March 2007: On tap at Trovatos. Very pedestrian, as my pal bditty187 sez.

Hawksfan17 (890) - Raleigh, North Carolina, USA - OCT 6, 2004
Pours yellow with white head. It tastes fresh and has nice bitterness to it. It is a good macro lager. I would have again.

GeniusGirl (221) - Boston, Massachusetts, USA - OCT 6, 2004
(bottle) your basic, crisp lager. i’m sure i could throw these back pretty easily. better than your run of the mill macro but nothing exceptional.

BeerBaronLS (85) - Grove City, Ohio, USA - OCT 5, 2004
This was certainly the least of the beers I had while in Belgium. I heard it refered to as the "wife beater’s beer" while I was there. I wish our mainstream beers tasted like this though. Poor as a belgium beer; but I would probably drink it if it was a local.

SDalkoholic (2386) - Linda Vista, California, USA - OCT 5, 2004
Gold tinted water is what it looks like. cotton head that lingers around. Little skunk aroma not like the other imports. Not at all flavourful and very low carbonation. Grass sourness whiel very watery.

Cornfield (5570) - Oak Forest, Illinois, USA - OCT 4, 2004
Not a bad lager, but nothing exceptional. A pale gold color with a decent head (immediately after pouring), it’s got a sweet malty aroma with a hint of bitter hops. Better than U.S. macros, but I’m still tasting some corn-syrup sweetness here. Clean, crisp finish.

Dimitri99 (63) - USA - OCT 2, 2004
Ooh, I liked this one. It was tasty. I remember it as flavorful, with a good taste. The bottle it came in seemed very "upper class" if you will, and it was actually kind of a pain in the ass to get open... but very enjoyable none the less.

JessterCPA (130) - Wayne, New Jersey, USA - OCT 1, 2004
I have had this beer several times a while back, but recently had it at a high-end restaurant in my area who had it on tap. This beer explodes with flavor with a great meal. Filet Mignon was the choice that night, and I have not had a beer/food combo this good in a while. A pleasant surprise.