overall
Brewed by InBev Belgium
Style: Pale Lager
Leuven, Belgium

RATINGS: 3162   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.49/5   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
Stella Artois is one of the world’s best-selling beers and is enjoyed in more than 80 countries. Its full, characteristic flavour and high quality is assured through a superior brewing process and by using the finest ingredients available.
The UK version is brewed, filtered and kegged at Samlesbury. Batches are sent to Magor for pasteurising before being canned or bottled.

mjg74 (3204) - La Mesa, California, USA - AUG 20, 2004
Pours a classic golden/yellow color. Has a sweet grainy aroma. Has a normal lager taste to it. Can’t really tell it apart from most brew of this style. Maybe a little more flavor than some. Also not offensive at all. Certainly drinkable, but it is really expensive for what you get.

leitrim65 (402) - Seattle, Washington, USA - SEP 3, 2004
On tap at P. F. Changs. Served in a nice looking Stella Artois glass. Pale golden/yellow color. The nose was weak but it could be due to the fact it’s been heavily chilled. I believe I made out some hops and citrus in the aroma. Light bodied, heavily carbonated and quite mild on the flavors. Simple and unimpressive. This one’s only a notch above bud and friends.

GoldenSpunky (120) - Rochester, New York, USA - FEB 10, 2005
On tap at the Elmwood. Pours beaming Yellow with high carbonation. Aroma of yeast and wheat. Taste is more yeast and wheat combined with alittle grain and rice flavoring. Pretty dry overall with slight hoppy flavoring. Very water and thin. Drank this beer in Verona and I remember it being much better then.

CampbellWilson (533) - SCOTLAND - MAR 2, 2005
Okay, so its a mass produced crowd pleaser from a huge multinational and I’m not supoposed to like it. However I’m hard up this week and 24 330ml bottles cost £10.99. And its still beer. Lager hop aroma (saaz?), hint of sulphur, grass, but not unpleasant. Taste fairly flavoursome, not too bland, finish fairly hoppy. Its not that bad, far better than the Millers, Budweisers, Carlings that I’ve tasted.

Lunkie (1965) - Glen Iris, AUSTRALIA - MAR 25, 2005
Sweet hop aroma. Clear yellow colour with poor head. Sweet malt flavour. Fizzy palate. Good summer BBQ beer when flavour is not important.

osmg95 (44) - Ohio, USA - APR 24, 2005
UPDATED: APR 27, 2005 Aroma is a mix between rising yeast dough and a skunk. Maybe not as bad. Doesn’t look too bad in the glass although the head dissappeared before i got my lips on it. My biggest knock is the flavor. I’m not sure what it is but I certainly know what it’s not....very good. Somewhat light, tingely, on the palate but I’d rather drink champaign or have a Duval. Overall, it’s overpriced and I’m having buyers remorse. I’ve rethought this beer after chilling it down a bit. Still not great, but somewhat refreshing when very cold.

Mklein818 (172) - Etterbeek, Virginia, BELGIUM - MAY 12, 2005
Stella is attempting to penetrate the US market for mediocre homogenized corporate import lager--and they’ve formulated the product just right to appeal to the ranks of Heineken and Becks aficionados. Finely balanced non-taste, with a hint of overhopping to make it seem European. Stella’s no better in Belgium or the UK, where it appeals to the same pretentious crowd. I’ll order it where there’s nothing better to show the Belgian flag--though as I do, I’m wishing yummy Primus was making the jump instead.

dortmunder (961) - Herdecke, GERMANY - MAY 25, 2005
Bottled. Pale goldne colour. Small, lacey head. Weak, hoppy aroma. Typical pale lager taste. Worse than Jupiler.

jb (3454) - Rochester, New York, USA - JUN 3, 2005
I don’t know why I was expecting a Belgian-style beer. This reminded me of a macro German Pils, only not quite at even that level. Hoppy aroma, white fluffy head. Very carbonated with hoppy palate and dry finish. Very little to talk about here.

Papsoe (25054) - Frederiksberg, DENMARK - JUN 6, 2005
(Bottle 25 cl) Pale golden, decent head (for a pilsener). Dry, soft body. Pleasant alright with just the right dose of hops to distinguish it from the more bland macrobrews. An OK pils. 030897