RATINGS: 407   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.67/5   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
an eschatological ale.. big, bold, hoppy, and gold. built sturdy enough to withstand the apocalypse.

docskalski (13) - California, USA - FEB 1, 2014
I wouldn’t have rated this beer as highly the first time I purchased it, but I find myself going back to buy it over and over again. I think this alone is telling of the beers perfection, as I brew Belgian ales myself quite often so I’m very critical of them. Others have described the flavor as somewhat peppery, which I try to avoid as I’m inherently put off by pepper flavor in beer... but, in this case it’s magnificently blended with a sweet, rich floral overtone and smooth, light body despite the 9% abv punch it hides. There is a delicate noble hop bitterness which accentuates the full body and buttery mouth-feel, which brings this ale to the top of the pack with it’s superb drinkability.

mrol (327) - - MAY 4, 2015
12 oz. bottle. Gold colour. Citrus peel, pepper, yeast. One of the best beers I tasted!!!

pacificviews (2) - - APR 25, 2012 does not count
Reminds me a lot of Saison Dupont with more orange character. Bursting with fruity armona, dull-orange in color, Creamy, highly-carbonated body, with spicy, orange flavor. Nice dry finish.

randyherring (1) - Lutz, Florida, USA - DEC 14, 2013 does not count
I am particularly enjoying this brew. It has a good character, not an overpowering alcohol taste, but really nice aroma to the palate. I am enjoying this 2013 beer in December 2013, so it has aged in the bottle.

drpimento (3634) - La Crosse, Wisconsin, USA - APR 30, 2014
Wow, serious brew, yet can just about drink the hell out of it. Very true to style. Great body, excellent finish, though a tad rich. Nice appearance with good head retention. Exotic aroma. Odd in that on one hand it seems balanced, yet it’s also got some extremes. A little boozy too.

MetalNHopHead (1976) - Lincoln, Nebraska, USA - MAR 14, 2016
We get it, Stillwater. You’re really good at making Belgian Ales, okay? Of course, I’m just as guilty. You keep makin’ ’em, I keep drinkin’ ’em. As Follows is predictably good. It pours golden and heady. Fruity, champagne-like yeast esters, earthy funk, malty bread, and herbal hops. Flavor carries them all forward. The combined flavors of funk, earth, and subtly sweet malt, plus the lively carbonation make for a brilliant cheese pairing. Especially if you like your cheese on the briny, funky side. A little strong for warm weather, but As Follows does about everything a good Belgian should.

tennisjoel (1458) - Rochester, Minnesota, USA - JUN 12, 2012
One of the dryest belgian ales I can recall, which distinguishes this from many in the style. Wonderful fruity bouquet. Lemon, yeasty. Finishes slightly tart. What a treat. Stillwater really impresses me and excel in the belgian style.

kcornwell (4) - Niceville, - OCT 23, 2013 does not count
Good smooth pale with some balls. Drank this beer and suddenly I had wings. Not the wimpy wings you get from red bull. Wings of a Eagle crossed with a blue whale.

amr20 (1) - Ohio, USA - MAY 8, 2014 does not count
On tap at Garden Cafe on Broadway. Nice aroma but perhaps not memorable. Nice opacity. Taste is stellar, with a nice hint of coriander that’s not overpowering. Palate is rather cleaner than I expected. Overall a stellar go-to beer.

RABinCO (1511) - Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA - JUL 22, 2012
Bottle. Pours a hazy hay with a big, big head. Had to pour slowly, let it sit, then pour some more. Big pineapple aroma with a slight bit of yeast and a bit of an alcohol whiff. Taste is pineapple, piney hops, banana, yeast...and it all blends together beautifully.The alcohol burn doesn’t come through until everything else has started to fade on the palate, which takes awhile.