RATINGS: 218   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.61/5   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
a ’Post Prohibition’ style ale brewed with Pilsner malt, corn, and rice.. hopped at 2lbs per BBL with Cluster, Northern Brewer, and Saaz.. and oh, yeah.. fermented with a farmhouse yeast and 3 strains of Brettanomyces (from our friend Chad at Crooked Stave) to weigh in at 4.5% ABV.. ’Always’ ;7

kramer (6682) - Sunbury, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 27, 2013
Bottle. Pours a clear light yellow body with a rather large frothy and fizzy white head. A touch worried about this one, as soon as I popped the cap the head came crawling out. After I poured the first glass I had to fill a second as the head breached the top again. Turns out it’s pretty much OK though, just a bit excited I guess. Smells pretty interesting, can’t say that I get a whole lot of the ’specialty grain’ character from this, it’s so big on the farmhouse yeast and brett that there’s not much sense of the malt at all. There’s some nice floral hops though, which work really well with the brett. I really like the combo of brett and Saaz specifically. The flavor is very dry and full of pixie stick brett character and a bit of cobwebs and dust throughout. I think there’s a bit of an odd perfumy or soapy like flavor that permeates everything that may be from the mix of corn and rice with the funky yeastiness. I do tend to like the hops in here, but I’m not sure the complete mix works for me as a whole. Light bodied and dry with nice soft fizzy carbonation. Interesting beer for sure, but not sure I’d buy another. I’m always for trying new things and stepping out of the box with recipe formulation, but sometimes taking chances means an occasional miss.

ajnepple (6626) - Denver, Colorado, USA - AUG 8, 2014
On tap at Barrels & Bottles. Yellow, light hazy appearance with a white head. Aroma and flavor of brett, earthy notes, funky yeast and pilsner malts. Light to medium body, crisp and refreshing with a pleasant, dry finish. Nice brew.

Beerman6686 (6607) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 24, 2012
This poured a clear darker ywellow color with a white head. Aroma wwas pale and grainy malt, light herbal hops, and spicey brett. Flavor was wer emuch the same, a good amount of brett in here and spice, but the corn and rice realy make this one weird.

egajdzis (6590) - Pennsburg, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 25, 2012
[Cask @ Railroad] Poured a hazy golden color with a medium sized, white head that left nice lacing on the glass. Aroma of brett, vanilla, honey, floral, and light citrus. Taste of honey, citrus fruits, grassy hops, vanilla, and a wild, bretty finish.

vyvvy (6486) - Florissant, Missouri, USA - JUL 8, 2012
Not often I’m a bit fan of beers with corn and/or rice, but this one is pretty darn nice. Pours hazy dully yellow with a good sized snow white head. The aroma is very floral and buggy with pale malt, earth, dried fruit, pepper and smooth cream - really nice. Medium smooth body with lots of carbonation, but is very frothy and gentle and doesn’t interfere with the flavor at all. The flavor starts with bugginess, herbs, dried peaches, soft spices and grassiness. The finish has a mineral presence that works well with the other flavors and has a very rustic and earthy aspect. Great sessionable beer, but the cost is prohibitive of realistically having this as a session ale.

RobertDale (6483) - Lansing, Kansas, USA - APR 10, 2013
750 ml. bottle. Pours a hazy gold with a nice white head. Aroma of citrus, grass, yeast, and malt. Taste is grass, lemons, wheat, yeast, and malt. Interesting.

Suttree (6392) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - JUN 13, 2013
First of all, I hate that font. I had to look up the contract brewer to figure out what this actually is. I mean, look at it. Can you make out the word "Premium"? I lookin’ at it and I see "Breminus" or "Dreininuz", but not "Premium". Geez, I’m all for cool labels and whatnot, but c’mon. At any rate, I liked the beer. Very pale yellow, decent head. Smells very yeasty and flowery. Very soft palate. Very quenching. Lots of floral, spicy flavors, with a subtle, peppery hop bite in the finish. I liked it.

joeneugs (6371) - Livermore, California, USA - AUG 9, 2014
On draft at Caps & Taps. It pours a very pale yellow color with a white head. The aroma is nice and bright with lemon and grapefruit citrus, mild wheat and peppery spice. The flavor is minerally and herbal with some pepper and a little soap. Citrus grapefruit bitterness with more dank herbs in the finish. Tasty, but a little too aggressive for me.

obguthr (6369) - Staunton, Virginia, USA - FEB 18, 2012
Lemon zest and horseblanket aroma. Cloudy yellow, thin head. flavor is the same as the aroma, but magnified. Superior balance, perfect level of funk. Finishes with just the impression of blue vein cheese.

reebtogi (6277) - Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA - MAR 24, 2013
750ml capped and waxed bottle with some really nice artwork pours a cloudy golden color with a 2 finger white head that leaves some nice lacing on the glass. Aroma is citrus and grass with some yeast and funk. Taste is a citrus and herbal hoppy bitterness with some grainy malty sweetness and a funky dry yeasty finish. Generous carbonation and light body. Certainly this is a complex and interesting brew, but does not agree well with my tastes.