RATINGS: 217   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.61/5   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
a ’Post Prohibition’ style ale brewed with Pilsner malt, corn, and rice.. hopped at 2lbs per BBL with Cluster, Northern Brewer, and Saaz.. and oh, yeah.. fermented with a farmhouse yeast and 3 strains of Brettanomyces (from our friend Chad at Crooked Stave) to weigh in at 4.5% ABV.. ’Always’ ;7

TURDFERGUSON (4068) - Durham, North Carolina, USA - DEC 31, 2011
UPDATED: JUN 22, 2012 Thanks Ryan. Cloudy yellow with thick white head. Nose is corny, some sweet butter, starfruit, honey, herbal hops. Flavor is on the dry side, some sweetness with a slight bitter finish. Okay. Ryan gave me 4 bottles of this (thanks bro!!) and so I’ve been lucky enough to get to try it 3 times since new years eve. This beer has only gotten better. Its much more funky and dry now and the buttery notes are gone. Hops are present, everything is balanced perfectly. I was trying to trade a bottle a couple days ago but now that I’ve had this again today I’m keeping that last bottle for sure. Delish. Need more beers out there like this. Wish it was a tad more affordable. Third re-rate: this is my favorite beer of 2012 so far. And I had it for the first time on new years eve! Every bottle after those I had on NYE has been excellent to stellar. I never get tired of this stuff. Need to Find a keg to bring to the beach.

MrChopin (4305) - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - FEB 6, 2012
UPDATED: MAR 17, 2014 On tap at Farmer’s Cabinet. hazy gold, moderately effervescent, thin but lasting white head, decent lacing. Bright nose of apricot and grain, bit doughy. Flavor is bright tangerine at front, bit salty with moderate dough and peppery esters before finishing with light grain bitterness, dough, and a bit of cracked wheat qualities. The brett here is noticeable in some fruits, but very dialed down and balanced.

puzzl (3264) - New York, New York, USA - JUN 9, 2012
Numerous bottles. One of the absolute most drinkable, most delicious beers I’ve ever tasted. I can’t imagine a better session beer. Brett horsiness is dead on, backing up an utterly dry beer with a light but creamy body. Carbonation is perfect, even with the large fluffy white head. I don’t know what this beer could possibly do more right.

ClarkVV (6873) - Boston, Massachusetts, USA - JAN 21, 2014
A good number of 750mL bottles and a few drafts consumed in the Boston area (primarily Deep Ellum) over the past three years.
Mountainous amounts of white head are impossibly well-retained, with a light haze to the golden raisin colored body with small, plentiful carbonation rising and lots of sediment left behind.
Pure, unadulterated, lovely, luscious brett in the nose. The first time I smelled this beer it put a smile on my face and made me blabber to my friends for a while about brettanomyces when they certainly didnt really care. Lime, nectarine, light band-aid and just a hint of honeyish malts in the background with a massive and lingering strength. This is right up there with Orval, Redemption, et al....
Flavor dosent disappoint, as a tight, engaging carbonation, with light doughy malts produces a soft, but supple mouthfeel and the brett just goes wild. All the tartness you could want, lime, lemon, light horseblanket, fresh hickory nut skin and a touch of banana. It’s spectacularly well-attenuated, but not too much so to compromise the body. Not that I can hold off guzzling this stuff, but with some restraint, the carbonation falls off a bit, leading to some crackery malts, subtle leathery/basement-like sacchoromyces notes and more balancing honey-dough on the finish. No alcohol notes, no flaws and very few complaints from yours truly. Perhaps could have a touch more complexity in the malt department and I could see it being even a touch more dry. But that’s just nitpicking. Simple in what it sets forth to accomplish, but highly, highly successful. Along with Victory Helios, Guineu Riner and Jabby Brau, one of my favorite beers of the past 5 years (and probably my favorite of these 4). Cheers to Brian!

egajdzis (6730) - Pennsburg, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 25, 2012
[Cask @ Railroad] Poured a hazy golden color with a medium sized, white head that left nice lacing on the glass. Aroma of brett, vanilla, honey, floral, and light citrus. Taste of honey, citrus fruits, grassy hops, vanilla, and a wild, bretty finish.