overall
Serve in Tulip

RATINGS: 670   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.65/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 204   ABV: 6.8%
It’s a saison of sorts; hellaciously herbaceous and hopefully contagious. This was not a ready made ale. But it is a ready made collaboration. Meaning Stone and Victory are 2 breweries that are exactly like Dogfish in that they do/brew exactly what they love and they do/brew it exactly like no other brewery out there. (Love - lots of it in this bottle)

-Samuel A Calagione

Ale brewed with parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme.

RyanMM (416) - Ferndale, Michigan, USA - JUL 9, 2010
Pours a clear light gold with an immense and fluffy white head. I had to pour it in three stages because it was almost foaming over the top of my tulip. Nose presents some hoppy notes along with a bit of the spices mentioned on the label. The smells blends together enough that I’m having trouble really isolating them, but it’s overall very pleasant. Very spicy on the tongue, but not a hot or abrasive spiciness, just pleasant. Somewhat bitter on the finish, no real sweetness to speak of. An interesting beer but not something I’m compelled to have another of.

falco242 (398) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - AUG 22, 2015
On tap at Butcher and the Boar in Mpls. Amazing spicy herb aroma. Some good barnyard funk but a lot of spice in this (not hot, just herbs). A bit sweet on the finish - overall really nice.

TreborWhip (393) - Reading, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 15, 2010
Bottle thanks to my son, Ryan poured a hazy amber with medium white head. Citrusy aroma with floral hops. Flavor of pale malt and an assortment of spices that kept changing throughout the drinking process. Very complex spiciness with a dry finish.

joshmcg000 (388) - Iowa, USA - MAY 8, 2013
Pours clear gold with a little hazy yeast to it. Aroma is citrus, and spice, maybe cinnamon or ginger. Smells great. Very crisp and refreshing, lemon and alot of very herbal taste to it, very unique and spicy. I think i taste ginger but its doesn’t say there is any, maybe its just me. Maybe the most drinkable 8% beer i have ever had. If I had to guess I would have said it was 5%. Excellent Saison.

naivepegasus (386) - USA - JUL 25, 2010
Pours clear orange with a whole lot of off-white slowly dissipating head. A lot of sweet spices to the aroma, some banana, clove, sage, rosemary, etc. The odor is terrific, it smells warm and comforting. The taste is a little harsher than I expected, the bite in the aftertaste is almost a surprise given the initial flavor. It’s a bitter spiced taste, with some citrus notes in there, and a bit more bite than your average saison. It’s pretty refreshing, and an interesting beer.

revolution2718 (379) - New Jersey, USA - JUL 15, 2014
Pours a clear pilsner yellow with a bit of wispy head. Nose is lemon, herbal, parsley, black pepper, basil? Taste is extremely herbal, peppery, lemon, minty, sage. Not terrible, not good though ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Frenger (367) - Derby, Alabama, ENGLAND - MAR 6, 2013
Bottle from brewdog bar. Very tasty saison, herb tastes and great texture. Very well balanced.

jnkor (364) - Columbia, Maryland, USA - NOV 8, 2012
Appearance is a yellow orange with a tiny head that makes it almost look like juice. Aroma is spicy with emphasis on the rosemary, with with a thick sweet element and wood notes. The taste is not as sweet, but still wood and spice with some good zest. Palate is nice and watery, with a little sugar thickness.

tysongillmore (362) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - NOV 21, 2015
I didn't take any extra notes when I tried this beer for the first time but I'm gonna try it again and update my comments. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

BeerBaron617 (358) - Royal Oak, Michigan, USA - SEP 5, 2010
I am sharing this with my wife, and we both agree that this stuff is really really tasty! It pours a straw yellow, with a small head. It has a good amount of carbonation, but not too much. The aroma is of peaches, and apricot, with a hint mixed herbs. The flavor follows suit. Truly a thing of beauty! Cheers!