overall

RATINGS: 456   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.91/5   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
We celebrated our first five years in business by releasing anniversary India pale ales, with each subsequent IPA brewed to be hoppier and more intense than the previous. For our 6th anniversary in 2002, we extended this concept by making an intensified version of Stone Smoked Porter. We cranked up the malts and hops a notch or three and conditioned it on French and American oak, which accentuated our porter’s distinctive smokiness and amplified its chocolate and roast coffee flavors while also adding subtle notes of toffee, cherries, dried berries and vanilla. We’re proud to give those who missed out—as well as those who didn’t—a fresh shot at experiencing this smoky, dark-as-night wonder.

DaSilky1 (2606) - San Diego, California, USA - NOV 21, 2002
UPDATED: AUG 7, 2008 8/10/02: well, take the regular smoked porter...add gollups of alcohol..throw tons and tons and..tons of hops..and tango with some roastedness and coffee flavors.. wahlah!...
A super hopped to hell...alcohol induced smoked porter which is pretty damn good.
compared to the regular smoked porter..the 6th aniversary porter is a hopped up, alcohol induced porter from hell..I bought a case at the 6th aniversary party..who wants some????
Re-Rate 8/22/02: uppin the points..aroma was like a roasted IPA..I actually discern more smokiness in the flavor than the first time..I’m drinking it at prolly 55º or 60º..More roasts too but still super super hopped out of it’s mind! I love it
Re-Rate 8/23/02: As I drink myself through my case I keep adding points because the more I drink of this the more I realize that this a really special brew!
Plus, I keep tasting peachy notes in there

belgianhomebrew (646) - Acworth, Georgia, USA - OCT 16, 2002
Dark, dark, dark. Rostiness and smoke really come through in the aroma. Nice roasted flavor in the body which finishes with a touch of smoke. Finishes dry... As far from a traditional porter as you can get. I LIKE IT!!!

JCW (1278) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - NOV 15, 2002
I like this one alot. Dark brown in color, the aroma had both a strong smell of malt and hops. The taste is similiar to the aroma, well balanced between the sweetness of the malt and the bitterness of the hops. It’s an excellent beer folks.

Rockinout (966) - Kent, Ohio, USA - JAN 13, 2003
This was my last taste at alcfron’s and I can hardly read my notes. Creamy chocolate feel with hops present right from the first sniff. What a hoppy porter!

Zach Diesel (906) - Sisters, Oregon, USA - OCT 6, 2003
hoppy alcoholic and choclate aroma, dark with a nice khaki head, strong alcohol sweetness into smoky choclate that finishes with roastiness then berry sweetness and lingering grapefruit hoppiness

jaymobrown (1845) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - NOV 10, 2003
Dark, chocolate, smoked nose with a chocolate colored head. Roasted dark malt and chocolate flavors at first and then amazingly turns into a nice smoke flavor. Slight bitterness. Really long finish that sticks to the mouth. Vanilla sweetness in the nose. Excellently crafted.

JCapriotti (1379) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - JUL 17, 2004
Bottled August 2002. Small light-brown frothy head. Dark brown body. Pretty complex aroma... sweet whiskey, light smoke at the start, burnt grain, with some sweet fruit (maybe grape0 and brown sugar. Taste has burnt charcoal followed by a fruity (grape) bitterness (grapefruit) and sweet with brown sugar. Some alcohol burn after a while, but it has a nice smooth and almost creamy/sticky feel. Very good beer.

MaiBockAddict (1497) - Good Beer Bar Deprived, New Jersey, USA - JUL 24, 2004
Special thanks out to Willblake for this absolute gem. Deep brown, tan head. Nice roasty, slight smoke aroma, but you really have to search for the smoke, especially after Fred. Malty smokey smooth carmel flavor with a hop bitterness finish. Really smooth and complex. Nice!

kevinator63 (36) - California, USA - MAR 20, 2017
Bold and black, strong and full bodied, malty, slightly fruity, notes of hops, coffee, maybe some pine. Bottle from my cellar, an excellent porter in every way.

oobawa (1419) - Tennessee, USA - APR 8, 2017
Bottled 4/6/16. Great googily moogily, what a porter. Aroma’s pretty much perfect, giving up massive chocolate and coffee notes backed by a hoppy pine undertone and waves of smoke. Looks just as good, dark, dark brown with a jubilant beige head and lace upon lace. Taste starts with a heavy mocha vibe, then gains a caramel-toffee sweetness backed by dried cherry against an oaked vanilla background. Gains a considerable hop bitterness as it progresses, pine-filled and clingy, before hitting a chocolate-java finish touched with hints of smoke and wood. Texture’s milky smooth without a hint of alcohol. Absolutely delicious.