Stone 7th Anniversary Ale

overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip

RATINGS: 309   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.78/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 231   ABV: 7.7%
A Super Special Pale Ale. Amber-ish/dark orange color, quite hoppy with a fruity aroma and upfront flavor. There is a hop-bitterness sting on the tongue at first with noticeable malt reminiscent of a sweet pastry, more fruity hop flavors linger and blend into a toasty-malty balance that comes through in the finish. This full bodied ale is placed nicely on the high side of the scale.

thedm (6177) - Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA - OCT 19, 2003
Fort Wayne event. The fourth brew of the day. This brew poured a small head of finely sized mostly lasting light brown colored bubbles that left behind a hazy light brown colored semi-hazy body. The aroma was a medium strength hoppy one and its mouthfeel was tingly from the hops. The flavor was also all hops and some spice.

drewbeerme (3920) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - APR 27, 2008
22oz bottle shared at DLD 08 by bbb63. thanks mike! pours amber with white head. nose and the flavor is a bit oxidized and the hops have really faded but they are still hanging on and its not bad at all. glad i got to try this.

FROTHINGSLOSH (7796) - GREENSBURG, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 9, 2008
From old tasting notes back when this one was fresh. Sampled from a 22 oz bottle this beer poured a dark amber color with a large tan head. The aroma was strong sweetish fruity hops. The flavor was all about the fruity hops but with an underlying harshness that put me off a bit. Very one dimensional and this one did not really stand out to me.

Panzuriel (2238) - Westerville, Ohio, USA - NOV 18, 2003
ANother awesomely hopped beer from stone. Terribly hoppy nose with acrid bitters. Wonderfully complex beer that is fascinatingly balanced and smooth. Full round flavor. Silky smooth and a good beer all around.

Wakie (612) - Centreville, Virginia, USA - NOV 19, 2003
I know its an APA but in many ways it hit me in such a way as I thought it was an IPA. Full amber color. Heavy IBU. 3 hrs later I could still taste the hops.

Nuffield (4171) - Roseville, Minnesota, USA - AUG 25, 2004
Orange/golden color, hazy, mostly opaque at first then clearing; little head. Mint tea aroma, with some caramel. Moderate hopping. Curiously watery. Thanks Nuffield for sharing! (oh wait, that’s me.)

Smacky (71) - San Clemente, California, USA - DEC 5, 2004
I love all Stone Ales, but this one probably the least. I had it on tap at the 7th Anniversary Open House and in bottle. Color was ok, and although the palate was nice - it is rather smooth for such a hoppy brew - I was a little confused by the combination of citrus and caramel. I think I tried it on cask, although I cannot be sure. I did a mixed taster with this and IPA, and that was yummy. My friends loved it more than I, so I think it will be more popular with some people than others.

JensenTaster (1719) - DENMARK - JUN 23, 2005
(on bottle)(on bottle) Had this baby a bit too warm, so...Earthy, lightly rotten + some a snag of strawberries; cool. Very malty beer and a tad too sweet, like a heavy bock. Slightly burning finish, in all the sugarness.

shadey (2135) - Nashville, Tennessee, USA - JAN 28, 2007
Consumed January 2007. More than 3 years old. Matte melon orange color with a thin white head of lace. Aroma is sweet and malty with just a touch of matured hops. This beer is past it’s prime, but still very drinkable. A touch oxidized, just a little too old.

ryan (3186) - Beltsville, Maryland, USA - AUG 29, 2008
Courtesy of kmweaver. Mostly clear amber body with a small white head. The nose is caramel, pine and citrus. The flavor is moderately sweet, moderately bitter with grapefruit and pine hops, tons of caramel/crystal malt, ice tea and light raisins. Medium body is round with moderate carbonation and a slight astringency.