overall
RATINGS: 3972   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.88/5   EST. CALORIES: 216   ABV: 7.2%
This is an aggressive beer. You probably won’t like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to appreciate an ale of this quality and depth.

achtungpv (269) - Austin, Texas, USA - NOV 28, 2006
Wow. Went out a few months ago and got a couple dozen singles include this one. Why, oh why did I wait to drink this one? Pours a rich brown with a dark tan/orange hinted head. Malty sweet with a slight citrus aroma and flavor. Nice bitter that stays around. Excellent.

MuleTrain920 (13) - USA - NOV 28, 2006
Had this for the 1st time this past week. Great taste all the way around. This is a must have on anyones beer list. Can not wait to get more. Arrogance is Bliss.

kevd193213 (992) - Hope Valley, Rhode Island, USA - NOV 25, 2006
UPDATED: JAN 22, 2007 Nice full bodied ale. Small head, rich flavor with hints of citrus fruit and a nice bitter finish. Cloudy brown in color.

505 (271) - Echo Park, California, USA - NOV 25, 2006
Surprised I haven’t rated this one yet. Aroma is malty, yeasty, dry fruit. Pours dark brown, small but nice head. Flavor is nice and malty, slightly sweet with dried fruits and yeastiness at first, then finishes bitter. Relatively full body. Gotta love this beer, it’s a classic, and available whenever you need it.

geographylists (26) - San Diego, California, USA - NOV 25, 2006
This is it...my favorite beer. Stereotypical (for Stone) and delicious grapefruit flavor (isn’t it perfect for citrus-growin’ territory?)...this beer is an enjoyment with every sip! This flavor appears in their IPA and Pale Ale too, but is strongest with Arrogant Bastard. Love this one. It’s not just the weather I love in San Diego...it’s the local brews too!

VeloVampire (625) - Parkdale, Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - NOV 24, 2006
UPDATED: APR 6, 2007 22 oz bottle - wow. pours a deep seemingly hazy almost plum colour. Huuuuuuge piney hop aroma.....but there is a nice balance with a slight sourness that reminded me of the darker Trappist brews. Amazing. I just wanted to smell this all night. Flavour is really lovely - big citrus/bitter hop hit to start, then there’s a hint of malty sweetness and some dark fruit, even a bit of roastiness/smoke.....and then nothing...but wait, KA-BOOM - huge bitter finish, that goes on for a long time. Alcohol VERY well-integrated........ There is literally a gap of a couple seconds between the last of the flavours and the the wave of bitterness in the finish. It’s like in a slasher flick when you think the killer is dead and then he springs back to life for one last scare. Yeah, just like that. So great. When I realize this is not readily available in Canada, I cry. Really, I do. But it does make me appreciate these conjugal visits all the more.

johnnysuede (16) - Boston, Massachusetts, USA - NOV 24, 2006
Wow, this really is spicy, a bit caramelly too. Has a long finish and lasting head.

Theis (15152) - Frederiksberg, DENMARK - NOV 23, 2006
UPDATED: AUG 6, 2009 Bottle - Thanks to Jan (ØLbaren). Copper - white head. High hoppy - violent, resin, grass, straw, grape, grass, dry. Not as focused as I expected. - I had this again a couple time efter... wow what a beer. It don’t get more balanced/focused, but just a lot better, still confusing. Bisquit, cookie, roasted, high hoppy, light sweetness... I love it !!!

Braudog (6804) - Yorktown, Virginia, USA - NOV 22, 2006
Wow ... I realized I’d never entered a rating on this classic. It’s big and dark red with a solid, cratered-like-the-moon head. Big sweet raisin-bready aroma. Extraordinarily hoppy, very sweet and citrusy, this is maltier and fruitier than I would’ve recalled. Very smooth and frothy.

eyesandsmiles (179) - Mission Viejo, California, USA - NOV 18, 2006
UPDATED: JAN 3, 2008 My recent fling with stone eventually led me to the bastard. if you’ve tasted and enjoyed a stone you will enjoy a bastard.