overall

RATINGS: 1642   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.07/5   SEASONAL: Series   EST. CALORIES: 282   ABV: 9.4%
You have in your hands a devastatingly fresh double IPA. While freshness is a key component of many beers- especially big, citrusy, floral IPAs- we’ve taken it further, a lot further, in this IPA. You see, we specifically brewed it NOT to last. We’ve not only gone to extensive lengths to ensure that you’re getting this beer in your hands within an extraordinarily short window, we made sure that the Enjoy By date isn’t randomly etched in tiny text somewhere on the bottle, to be overlooked by all but the most attentive of retailers and beer fans. Instead, we’ve sent a clear message with the name of the beer itself that there is no better time than right now to enjoy this IPA.

Batch List:
Enjoy By 10-31-15 Enjoy By 07-04-16

ThisWangsChung's rating

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
ThisWangsChung (836) - Leonardtown, Maryland, USA - MAR 13, 2013
Reviewed 3/10/13. 22 oz bottle into a Duvel tulip. A: Pours a freaking gorgeous golden amber shade with perfect clarity. The head is a three finger white shade. Everything is good here - retention, texture, and the lacing down the glass. This beer makes Sofia Vergara look like a damn horse in comparison. S: There is a distinct savory note from the hops that reminds me of onion/garlic. Otherwise, this one comes off as being bitter just from the nose alone; there is a lot of grapefruit peel, black pepper, mango, papaya, pine, and guava. It really smells damn great, but perhaps it’s not quite to my preference for an IPA. T: At first, there’s some slight maltiness (in an earthy expression) before it finishes both dry and bitter. Transitioning between the vaguely citrusy opening and piny, bitter ending is a strong midtaste of onion and garlic; I actually like this portion of the flavor profile the best. But the biggest problem here is how boozy this one seems. Maybe it’s some of the earthy and oniony qualities coming through on the back end, but there’s a real distinct sharp heat to it that doesn’t strike me as being hop-derived. Certainly it feels every bit its 9.4% ABV. To be fair, this note helps to rein in the bitterness somewhat, so it’s not all bad, I guess. I’ve got another one on standby that I plan to serve more chilled than this one - maybe this will tone down the booze some? Regardless, what a letdown. M: Typical Stone IPA: bone-dry, clean, astringent, and bitter as fuck. Well, maybe not ’as fuck’, but it does have a good lingering bite to it. Something like this should be spectacularly drinkable - thanks to all the poorly concealed alcohol I taste here, I’m reduced to vegging over this one for a moderate length of time. Drinkability is actually okay because the general feel is quite good - but then again, I expected something fantastically chuggable. O: I really thought this was going to be a world-class DIPA, but instead I find it kind of harsh and meh. I hate to say it, but this has nothing on some of the local DIPAs I can get fairly readily (Evolution Lot 6 DIPA and Troegs Perpetual IPA); and let’s not talk about how badly Lagunitas Sucks pounds this one into submission. Absolutely worth trying, though - hell, I seem to be only one who doesn’t love this. But Stone, unless the second bottle I drink manages to make me shit out rainbows and sunshine the way I expected this one to, you are back on my naughty list again.

AjHtoma (13) - - DEC 2, 2017
Can. Pine and grapefruit, nice body, slightly sweet at first but bitter finish. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

mjmoen (608) - - NOV 20, 2017
B. Pours a clear golden color with white head. Full disclosure, I had the 'enjoy by 10/31/17' on 11/20/17 so it's possible it's not at peak freshness. That being said, it's full of flavor and not too bitter.

deanso (10123) - Chiang Mai, THAILAND - NOV 6, 2017
Sample at Chiang Mai tasting, Stone Enjoy By 10.31.17 IPA.
Thick creamy white head. Hazy blond pour. Lovelt bitterness. Excellent

ChrisOfstad (359) - Hamar, NORWAY - NOV 1, 2017
UPDATED: NOV 1, 2017 0,5 litre Bottle from Total Wine and Spirits, Laguna Hills. Golden with big head. Fruity, little alcohol taste! Nice!!

HopsWarden20 (84) - Beijing CN / Vevey CH, SWITZERLAND - OCT 30, 2017
12 oz bottle @ Beijing China - Enjoy By 10.31.17 金色透明酒身 少量白 色小颗 粒泡沫 消散快 橙子 菠萝 柚子 荔枝 芒果等 热带水 果气息 以及微焦糖香&# 仔细分 辨有一 丝丝酒 精感受 入口 依旧是 浓重热 带水果 以及焦糖味道 苦味被 很好的 掩饰住 了 回味前 期是在 口腔里 继续爆 裂的香 之后画风一转 变成IPA无 法规避 且又无 穷无尽 的苦 持续时间很长 中等酒体 舌头能 感受到 滑腻感 沙口感低 9.4%的酒 精度也 掩盖的 很好 只有些 许感受 ---Rate d via Beer Buddy for iPhone

ljthiessen (1448) - Winnipeg, Manitoba, CANADA - OCT 29, 2017
Enjoy By 10.31.17. On tap at JL Beers. Clear golden pour with a white head. Tropical fruits and a little grassy with hints of citrus. Really nice IPA, bright and fresh.

Lacho (110) - USA - OCT 29, 2017
UPDATED: OCT 29, 2017 Pours golden with a thin head that lingers. First aromas upfront of peach, tangerine and cherry. The alcohol content is noticeable but is very well balanced at first sip. This is a strong IPA, floral, piney notes give way to cherry and citrus, tart fruit cocktail.

ehaak26 (725) - - OCT 22, 2017
Draft at the Rochester Food Truck and Craft Beer Festival. Aroma of citrus and floral hops.

Heidbummer (927) - SCOTLAND - OCT 8, 2017
Taster Stone Liberty Station. Pours copper, no head. Honey, biscuity, dried herbs aroma. Fantastic full mouthfeel. It's dense, dry, subtle but clearly really well made. Great.

Mindwarp (303) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - OCT 7, 2017
This is the enjoy by 10-31-17 version. Pours a nice gold with small white head. Slight floral hoppy aroma. Taste is a nice mix of hops with a bit of bitterness. This is my first Enjoy By IPA and I've heard they are different, i dont know, but I really like this type of IPA