overall

RATINGS: 676   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.87/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 390   ABV: 13%
From the most unlikely yet intensely imaginative trio that is actor and uber-geek champion Wil Wheaton, alternative news website Fark.com creator Drew Curtis and Stone CEO/Co-founder Greg Koch, comes an imperial stout unlike any ever made. Brewed with rye, wheat malt and pecans and partially aged in Bourbon whiskey barrels, this viscous yet silken brew erupts with an oaky, nutty bouquet and rich flavors of vanilla, toast and bitter chocolate. Enjoy now or cellar this celebration of nth degree passion and geekery applied most gracefully to the craft of brewing and collaboration-Drew Curtis/Wil Wheaton/Greg Koch Stone Farking Wheaton w00tstout!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
QuezXLV (415) - Virginia, USA - AUG 26, 2013
This is delicious! A smokey taste of a stout plus a great mix of malts and flavorful hops. Extremely smooth in the palate with a bit of carbonation. Nice collabo! - Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
SHIG (4722) - Wasilla, Alaska, USA - AUG 25, 2013
Bottle: Poured a thick oil black with tan head. Aroma is roasted malt. Taste is rich chocolate and roasted malts. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
barn0216 (537) - California, USA - AUG 25, 2013
Very dark, almost no foam but the body is tingly from carbonation. Basic stout character in the nose, mostly overshadowed by alcohol. Chocolate and dark fruit notes are faint. Same for the flavor with more emphasis on the fruity bourbon contribution. More of a roasty bitterness is apparent too. At 13 abv, the alcohol could actually be worse. Honestly a pretty good bang for the buck but not a world beater.

jercraigs (10000) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - AUG 25, 2013
2013-08-16. Sometimes the universe just wants you to have nice things. As a fan of both @wilw and @hinkjinksensue who participated in the creation of this beer I was looking forward to trying it. Rudolf had been on the lookout for a bottle of wootstout for me but so far had had no luck in Buffalo. We had just finished talking about it when someone brought a bottle unprompted to the table. That I almost knocked over in my obliviousness!

Black body with a nice tan head. 3+ Aroma is pleasant, dark malt base with a lightly herbal (licorice?) note to it. Flavour has a fruity dark malt core, with a dryish finish. Touches of cocoa and licorice? Smooth medium to full bodied palate, modest carbonation. I think there is probably a layer of complexity that I am missing today but it is lovely and rich all the same. Bottle at Campground Brewdown.

"They say it is distilled from the tequila soaked blood of Aztec Monks and aged in the casket of El Santa Borracho, the patron saint of ruined Quinceaneras. One shot of this and that hobo will tell me what I what to know!" - Hijinks Ensue

"So, theres going to be a thing in your life that you love and it doesnt matter what it is. The way you love that, and the way that you find other people who love it the way you do is what makes you a nerd. The defining characteristic of being a nerd is that we love things... Some of us love completely different things. But we all love those things SO much that we travel for thousands of miles we come from all over the world, so that we can be around people who love the things the way that we love them. Thats why being a nerd is awesome." - Wil Wheaton

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
poisoneddwarf (2326) - Coeur d Alene, Idaho, USA - AUG 24, 2013
Bomber, watch out for my beergut there, Wesley. Aroma consists of roasted malts, wood, vanilla, licorice, raisins. Pours ink black with a thick tan head with good retention. Taste is nice and licoricealicious, starting sweet before turning a little bitter. The nutty character comes out in the finish after it warms a little bit. Mouthfeel is creamy, body and carbonation are just what you want them to be in an imperial stout. I wish the pecans were more pronounced, but this is some seriously good shit. Gordy, give me some more.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
BlowOffTube (501) - Michigan, USA - AUG 24, 2013
Pretty good. Pours black with a tan head. Light coffee and bourbon aroma. Taste is heavy coffee, butter, nuts, chocolate, and some bourbon background. Medium carbonation and medium body. Less carbonation would work better but overall good stuff.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
alexsdad06 (9426) - Ohio, USA - AUG 24, 2013
22 oz. bottle at home with the wife. I ended up drinking most of the bottle though. Pours a dark cola brown to black color with a small disappearing tan head. The aroma is dark chocolate, dark fruits, nutty, light bourbon, some roast and a splash of espresso. The flavor is roasted malt, dark chocolate, roasted nuts, mild bourbon, vanilla, espresso with some warming alcohol. I think this is pretty good now, but wonder what it would do with some age. I like this regular Stone RIS with a couple years on it.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
bubblehouse (1397) - louisville, Kentucky, USA - AUG 24, 2013
Excellent. The bourbon and pecan taste is very subtle but definitely present.very black and really delicious. Top notch stout.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
TimsRatings (421) - - AUG 24, 2013
From 22oz bottle. Pours a glorious dark brown with light brown head. Mild caramel aroma. Taste is of caramel and vanilla. Very good flavor. I have two bottles that will be aged - I believe this will be even more excellent in 6 months or a year. Nice job, Mr. Crusher! ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
jb (2997) - Rochester, New York, USA - AUG 24, 2013
On tap at MacGregors. Not quite what I was expecting. Pretty massive, very sweet, definitely needs aging, that is the overview. Hefty sweet chocolate/anise malt dominates this in every way. Licorice, vanilla, plenty of sweet notes. Very creamy, very boozy, but in an okay way. Glad I had it, but not really my thing. Kind of over the top, and again, I think it would greatly benefit from aging.