overall
RATINGS: 3939   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.94/5   IBU: 77   EST. CALORIES: 207   ABV: 6.9%
Bottle, can, and keg: Filtered
Launched: August 1997
Hops: Magnum, Chinook & Centennial
By definition, an India Pale Ale is hoppier and higher in alcohol than its little brother, pale ale-and we deliver in spades. Now one of the most well respected and best-selling IPAs in the country, this golden beauty explodes with citrusy flavor and hop aromas, all perfectly balanced by a subtle malt character. This crisp, extra hoppy brew is hugely refreshing on a hot day, but will always deliver no matter when you choose to drink it.

GG (2332) - NorCal, California, USA - APR 27, 2007
Insane that I haven’t rated the one before. I must be slipping. So in order to do it up right, I picked up a bottle at my local grocery store and went to town. Aroma is grapefruit, orange peels, caramel and pine. Appearance is absolutely stunning dark golden color with tiny bubbles, a nice egg-white one-finger head. Mouthfeel was creamy. Flavors were incredibly balanced with a two pronged malt / hop attack. The only thing I could I didn’t care for was a bit of alcohol about mid palate that was slightly off-putting. Other than that a fantastic beer.

BeerBlitz (72) - Roslyn, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 23, 2007
12 oz. bottle. Exactly what I look for in an IPA. Refreshing, very drinkable, and no overpowering bitterness like a lot of double/imperial IPAs. Aroma is citrusy, with a hint of mint. Color is pure gold and clear. Very white moderate head. Citrus very noticeable in the taste. Slight soapiness in the finish. I hope to "borrow" many more from my brother.

bryman13 (5) - stony brook, New York, USA - APR 23, 2007 does not count
one of my favorite IPA’s. hoppier than a lot of other IPA’s but smooth as well. packaging is top notch as well

BeNobleDark (62) - Allendale, Michigan, USA - APR 23, 2007
Fantastic IPA! Probably the best standard IPA I’ve had to date. Fantastic aroma, pour, and color! This IPA has everything you could ever want - a fantastic balance, firm hops, yet noticable citrus hops that will entrance your mouth until the very last drop!

chadje (209) - California, USA - APR 23, 2007
UPDATED: MAY 29, 2012 A very good IPA, one of the better ones. Pours a nice golden color with a nice head. Tastes good and has a nice citrusy taste and a good hoppy beer.

bager (2120) - Copenhagen N, DENMARK - APR 23, 2007
Bottled. Hazy golden coloured with a small head. Hoppy with notes of citrus, fruits and yeasts. A bit thin and mild.

Touche (57) - New York, USA - APR 22, 2007
10 dollars for a 6 is the only downside but certainly worth the price for this delicious hoppy beer. Refreshing and with a slight bite which leaves the palate searching for more. The bite is not overwhelming, dare I say it is slightly smooth? yes. I’ve enjoyed everything i’ve had by stone and this is one of my favorites.

littlefelix (29) - Santa Clarita, California, USA - APR 20, 2007
Until I discoved the AleSmith IPA, this was my favorite. And sometimes I still choose this over the AleSmith. This diserves it’s famousness.

hapjydeuce (1002) - Carlsbad, California, USA - APR 18, 2007
Cant say much here that has not already been said. This beer is a hallmark IPA of the west coast style, and was one of the first beers to get me addicted to hoppy brews, and always comes back to me as a great session beer. Crisp and refreshing.

Bailey22773 (1) - USA - APR 17, 2007 does not count
Excellent aroma, great balance of hops, citrus flavor and bitterness. Only down side is a hint of alcohol. I love this beer - very much worth going out of the way to find it.