overall
RATINGS: 3938   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.94/5   IBU: 77   EST. CALORIES: 207   ABV: 6.9%
Bottle, can, and keg: Filtered
Launched: August 1997
Hops: Magnum, Chinook & Centennial
By definition, an India Pale Ale is hoppier and higher in alcohol than its little brother, pale ale-and we deliver in spades. Now one of the most well respected and best-selling IPAs in the country, this golden beauty explodes with citrusy flavor and hop aromas, all perfectly balanced by a subtle malt character. This crisp, extra hoppy brew is hugely refreshing on a hot day, but will always deliver no matter when you choose to drink it.

khwheel (8) - USA - FEB 25, 2007 does not count
I really liked this beer. Good IPA Great hoppy taste. Not as good as HopSlam but still a very good beer.

ScoWRee (423) - Perkiomen, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 25, 2007
Pours abright golden with a tan head. The aroma really didm’t hit me. The taste was hopped sweet and fruity. Finish is hoppy .....for a while. Not what I expected. Did not live up to it’s rating for me.

RiverHorse (457) - New Jersey, USA - FEB 25, 2007
UPDATED: NOV 4, 2007 This is a great IPA. They sell Stone in all of the stores near my home, so I usually have a six of this in the fridge. The pour is orange/hazy with a nice creamy head. You can smell the hops on the pour. The taste is sweet to start with a great hoppy finish. I could taste the hops ten minutes after I finished it. I look forward to tasting other Stone beers. This one is great.

MagooinPA (101) - Rotonda Lakes, Florida, USA - FEB 25, 2007
12oz pour. a bright golden sunshine color with nice rocky head that laced the whole way down the glass. great hops + malt balance with a nice hoppy/piney finish. Awesome IPA. Alcohol well hidden. I couldn’t beleive it is 6.9%.

BeerVirgin72 (880) - Pickerington, Ohio, USA - FEB 24, 2007
Poured from bottle. Nice Golden orange color, small head that left some great lacing...Partially cloudy in appearance. Aroma of sweet grapefruit and hops. Taste is sweet up front, citrus, grapefruit and pinapple, with a nice hoppy bitter finish. Excellent IPA!

oakbluff (455) - Winnipeg, Manitoba, CANADA - FEB 23, 2007
Pours out with a wheaty head- not much lacing to speak of. Smell is very floral. Taste is grapefruit and pineapple. Medium carbonation with a refined moutfull- smooth malts and that great fruit hops. Aftertaste is all hops. All in all this is a class leading IPA. I could drink this the rest of my life and be a happy guy. Too bad the closest distriution is a several hundred miles away.

gws57 (1276) - Saint Charles, Illinois, USA - FEB 22, 2007
Thanks CarterHayes for the bottle! Excellent IPA, probably among the best. Amber pour with a thick, white head. Bright, floral hoppy nose, and throughout, with some lemon and grapefruit. Outstanding.

RollinHard (1024) - Fort Worth, Texas, USA - FEB 20, 2007
Pours a clear deep gold with a substantial long lasting head. Pine and grapefruit nose. Taste is a mingling of citrus, light bread crust malt, and piney hops. FInishes with a pretty high bitterness and a grassy wood taste. Pine still lingers in my nose after drinking. Medium body, silky effortless mouthfeel. I can’t deny the quality of this beer, but I simply can’t bond with it. A definitive IPA, but I like mine with slightly more malt flavors.

zamco17 (134) - Corpus Christi, Texas, USA - FEB 19, 2007
UPDATED: JUN 26, 2008 pours a pale yellow, smell is wonderful. hoppy and grassy baby, lotta pine also. taste is also very piney. like drinking a liquified christmas tree. pretty darn nice

dmac (6459) - Toms River, New Jersey, USA - FEB 19, 2007
12 oz bottle. Stone is one of my favorite companies and once again they got it right with this IPA. Pours a golden amber with an average white head that disappears leaving decent lacing. Aroma is of hops, hops and more hops. Finish is hop bitterness but not overpowering.