overall
RATINGS: 3979   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.96/5   IBU: 77   EST. CALORIES: 207   ABV: 6.9%
Bottle and keg: Filtered
Launched: August 1997
Hops: Magnum, Chinook & Centennial
By definition, an India Pale Ale is hoppier and higher in alcohol than its little brother, pale ale-and we deliver in spades. Now one of the most well respected and best-selling IPAs in the country, this golden beauty explodes with citrusy flavor and hop aromas, all perfectly balanced by a subtle malt character. This crisp, extra hoppy brew is hugely refreshing on a hot day, but will always deliver no matter when you choose to drink it.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
JohnnyFlake (53) - Henderson, Nevada, USA - OCT 13, 2005
12 oz bottle. Pours a clear orange with gold tones and a short, 1/2" head. The head disapates quickly but leaves a tiny amount of lacing. The aroma is pure citrus, ruby red grapfruit with nuances of orange and lemon. The flavor is mostly citrus fruit, kind of bitter with a touch sweetness. The hops are definetly up front but there are hints of malt now and then, especially after it warms up a bit. Mouthfeel seems off to me, not very rich or full but pleasant. The finish is dry, very dry, with a strong grapfruit after taste. This is a well crafted beer but not one of my favorite styles.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
Gorbalev (3000) - Ontario, CANADA - OCT 11, 2005
Bottle shared with HogTownHarry, GregClow & blankboy -- courtesy of HogTownHarry. Golden orange, frothy white head. Strong pine like hops. Taste is a balanced bitter, but dare I say subdued and Stone in the same sentence. Medium mouthfeel. Nothing more than a solid balanced bitter IPA, with no hint of its alcohol - nice stuff!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
timmy300 (203) - bloomington, Illinois, USA - OCT 11, 2005
a good ipa.....definately for hop heads.....its hard to walk past this one in the beer store ..........

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Sam10 (37) - Olympia, Washington, USA - OCT 9, 2005
I really like the beers this company puts out. I tried an IPA before and did not like it. But I gave these guys a shot. I still dont like IPAs. Just not for me taste like I am chewing on a flower. Although this is better than the other I tasted, just not for me.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
blankboy (7395) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - OCT 7, 2005
Bottle shared with HogTownHarry, GregClow & tupalev -- courtesy of HogTownHarry. Ah, good ol Stone, you cant go wrong with these guys. Pours a clear amber with a small foamy white head. Awesome aroma of fresh floral hops. Delicious flavour of fresh citrus hops with enough malt to make the taste very well balanced. Excellent and what most IPAs should strive for. If I could I would always have this in my fridge.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
Tybalt (212) - Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA - OCT 5, 2005
UPDATED: JUL 8, 2006 If you really like hops, there probably isnt another beer you should be drinking. It has a very crisp and distinct flavor. The first time I tried it, I wasnt sure it was for me...now...I cant quite get enough.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
oh6gdx (25691) - Vasa, FINLAND - OCT 3, 2005
Bottled. Orange golden colour, mediumsized white head. Fruity hoppy flavour and aroma. Wellbalanced flavour, which also has some malts and caramel in it.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
TBone (16431) - Pori, FINLAND - OCT 3, 2005
Bottled
Hazy golden color, small white head. Flowery (trefoil) hoppy nose (no suprises here). Flowery with good malt profile, sweetish aftertaste. Well-balanced and enjoyable.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
pilsnerrogge (2865) - Finspng, SWEDEN - OCT 3, 2005
Amber coloured. Nice head. Hoppy aroma. Clean hop bitterness with notes of raisins. Nice one.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
MIBRomeo (2570) - Wisconsin, USA - OCT 3, 2005
Golden color tall white head well laced. V big cascade hop aroma w/ touches of lemon and a light copper. Smooth oily palate w/ some light cream. Flavor is a nicely bitter grass and grapefruit w/ a tiny hint of carmel. A very well done IPA.