overall
RATINGS: 4056   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.95/5   IBU: 77   EST. CALORIES: 207   ABV: 6.9%
Bottle, can, and keg: Filtered
Launched: August 1997
Hops: Magnum, Chinook & Centennial
By definition, an India Pale Ale is hoppier and higher in alcohol than its little brother, pale ale-and we deliver in spades. Now one of the most well respected and best-selling IPAs in the country, this golden beauty explodes with citrusy flavor and hop aromas, all perfectly balanced by a subtle malt character. This crisp, extra hoppy brew is hugely refreshing on a hot day, but will always deliver no matter when you choose to drink it.

LtJudge (468) - Muskego, Wisconsin, USA - SEP 15, 2005
UPDATED: SEP 17, 2005 Poured a light amber color with a small head.Big hop/malty aroma.First sip,WOW!Wonderful fresh,crisp hop flavor with a hint of malt and a great bitter aftertaste.I wish I could get this by me all the time!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
weisinator (67) - USA - SEP 15, 2005
Tastebuds got smacked up by this one. It was a bit too bitter for me, and I seriously didnt realize this was 6.9% ABV when I had it off the tap.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
buddahmind (39) - Boise, Idaho, USA - SEP 13, 2005
She a beauty! On tap @ Bardenay Boise for ever! Maybe. Maybe not. Any way the sales dont lie. When this beer is on the rotating IPA handle it sells twice as fast as Bridgeport, Full Sail, Lagunitas, Elysian, Fishtale or Hales. Stone rules and if you dont agree u r in the minority. By the way....Great IPA.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
unixweb (237) - Sherman, Texas, USA - SEP 3, 2005
Very tall whitish head which faded quickly into a slight lace. This IPA smells hoppy and candy sweet, nothing more or less. The color is perfectly clear yellowish copper, very pretty in the glass. The taste is initially sweet, with grapefruit-like bitterness afterwards. The taste is clean, with nothing bad lingering on the palate, and it isnt overly carbonated either. However, it just isnt as hoppy or bitter as I had hoped. I miss that, to be honest. To me this has more sweet, caramel- or yeast-like notes in it, with the hops following at the end. Dont get me wrong, though. I like this one and I WILL buy it again!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Ratman197 (14356) - Arvada, Colorado, USA - SEP 3, 2005
Bottle poured a clear golden yellow with a white head leaving behind brussels lace. Aromas of carmel, bread and a bit of citrus. Good crisp mouthfeel. Flavors of carmel and mildly bitter citrus. Not the best IPA Ive had, but better than their Ruination.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
jeckenroth (121) - Reading, Massachusetts, USA - SEP 3, 2005
Dark Amber Color, with a small white long head. Smells of cirtus and hops, floral. Medium bodies, Thick texture with medium carbonation and a metallic finish. Hops, Hints of citrus and malt. A whisper of pine. Excellent IPA.

fluids (364) - Massachusetts, USA - SEP 3, 2005
UPDATED: SEP 11, 2005 Beautiful orange reddish color with a medium head. Strong citrus grapefruit smell. Has nice rounded citrus like bite from the hops.

jmcguire1969 (162) - Lafayette, Colorado, USA - SEP 3, 2005
Hey now...Ive really liked this one for a while. Glad to finally be rating it. Aroma is mostly malty with some hops and a bit of warm alcohol smell to it. I swear that is Fuggles in the aroma but not certain. Tons of hops in the flavor...a little sweet with a bite to it and surprisingly not a whole lot of bitterness...at least immediately. This is a heavy beer but good sippin ENJOY!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
MrBunn (2789) - The Wet Side of a Dry Town, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 30, 2005
Outstanding! Pours a beatiful amber color with a massive foamy head that laces as it dissipates. Aroma is probably the weak link here--floral, a bit of apple hops, grass and pine, etc, but it is a bit understated. Taste is dominated by hops, but the rest of the elements all come together extremely well. I expected the hops to dominate a lot more and stand out from the rest of the flavor, but this isnt the case. Everything is so well balanced and blends extremely well.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
RedHaze (371) - Where the hell am I?, Nebraska, USA - AUG 21, 2005
Bomber picked up at Dyess AFB, Texas. Ive been looking forward to trying this for a while. Pours a nice golden colore with a one finger head that quickly fades to a thim layer, and pretty good lacing. Has a great floral, hoppy, pine and citrus smell, that really makes me look forward to drinking it. I love the smell of a good IPA. Taste is of grapefruit, hops, pine and malt. I was expecting a bigger hop bite to this beer, but this is a well balanced beer with great drinkability. I finished my first glass before I realized it. I hope that I can find some more Stone Brewing beers