overall
RATINGS: 3918   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.94/5   IBU: 77   EST. CALORIES: 207   ABV: 6.9%
Bottle, can, and keg: Filtered
Launched: August 1997
Hops: Magnum, Chinook & Centennial
By definition, an India Pale Ale is hoppier and higher in alcohol than its little brother, pale ale-and we deliver in spades. Now one of the most well respected and best-selling IPAs in the country, this golden beauty explodes with citrusy flavor and hop aromas, all perfectly balanced by a subtle malt character. This crisp, extra hoppy brew is hugely refreshing on a hot day, but will always deliver no matter when you choose to drink it.

bethmatt0421 (337) - Covington, Kentucky, USA - SEP 17, 2005
UPDATED: MAY 31, 2008 An amazing citrusy, floral aroma. Taste is the same, with big beer hoppy bitterness. On the verge of becoming unrestrained. I look at my empty sixer and i feel sadness. Stone delivers.

lusitania (10) - Texas, USA - SEP 16, 2005
Wonderfully unique flavor. Smelled and looked wonderful. Solid white head. Flavor may be too complex for some tastes, very floral, as I previously stated very unique. Previous beer appreciation required. High alcohol content - Crunk Juice.

jahughey (65) - Franklin, Indiana, USA - SEP 15, 2005
Fantastic. Dry-hopping gives incredibly fresh, floral/citrus aroma, one of the more pleasant IPA aromas around. Light malt foundation could be be slightly richer for my taste, but that is a very small qualm. Hop bitterness, flavor and aroma are all outstanding. Extremely clean character - killer IPA.

LtJudge (468) - Muskego, Wisconsin, USA - SEP 15, 2005
UPDATED: SEP 17, 2005 Poured a light amber color with a small head.Big hop/malty aroma.First sip,WOW!Wonderful fresh,crisp hop flavor with a hint of malt and a great bitter aftertaste.I wish I could get this by me all the time!

weisinator (67) - USA - SEP 15, 2005
Tastebuds got smacked up by this one. It was a bit too bitter for me, and I seriously didn’t realize this was 6.9% ABV when I had it off the tap.

buddahmind (39) - Boise, Idaho, USA - SEP 13, 2005
She a beauty! On tap @ Bardenay Boise for ever! Maybe. Maybe not. Any way the sales don’t lie. When this beer is on the rotating IPA handle it sells twice as fast as Bridgeport, Full Sail, Lagunitas, Elysian, Fishtale or Hale’s. Stone rules and if you don’t agree u r in the minority. By the way....Great IPA.

unixweb (237) - Sherman, Texas, USA - SEP 3, 2005
Very tall whitish head which faded quickly into a slight lace. This IPA smells hoppy and candy sweet, nothing more or less. The color is perfectly clear yellowish copper, very pretty in the glass. The taste is initially sweet, with grapefruit-like bitterness afterwards. The taste is clean, with nothing bad lingering on the palate, and it isn’t overly carbonated either. However, it just isn’t as hoppy or bitter as I had hoped. I miss that, to be honest. To me this has more sweet, caramel- or yeast-like notes in it, with the hops following at the end. Don’t get me wrong, though. I like this one and I WILL buy it again!

Ratman197 (15216) - Arvada, Colorado, USA - SEP 3, 2005
Bottle poured a clear golden yellow with a white head leaving behind brussels lace. Aromas of carmel, bread and a bit of citrus. Good crisp mouthfeel. Flavors of carmel and mildly bitter citrus. Not the best IPA Ive had, but better than their Ruination.

jeckenroth (121) - Reading, Massachusetts, USA - SEP 3, 2005
Dark Amber Color, with a small white long head. Smells of cirtus and hops, floral. Medium bodies, Thick texture with medium carbonation and a metallic finish. Hops, Hints of citrus and malt. A whisper of pine. Excellent IPA.

fluids (364) - Massachusetts, USA - SEP 3, 2005
UPDATED: SEP 11, 2005 Beautiful orange reddish color with a medium head. Strong citrus grapefruit smell. Has nice rounded citrus like bite from the hops.