overall
RATINGS: 4127   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.95/5   IBU: 77   EST. CALORIES: 207   ABV: 6.9%
Bottle, can, and keg: Filtered
Launched: August 1997
Hops: Magnum, Chinook & Centennial
By definition, an India Pale Ale is hoppier and higher in alcohol than its little brother, pale ale-and we deliver in spades. Now one of the most well respected and best-selling IPAs in the country, this golden beauty explodes with citrusy flavor and hop aromas, all perfectly balanced by a subtle malt character. This crisp, extra hoppy brew is hugely refreshing on a hot day, but will always deliver no matter when you choose to drink it.

Blastomorpha (93) - - SEP 10, 2016
Pouring a canned craft beer is still a bit... uncanny, but it’s the future right? Very malty IPA with a strong bitter kick at the end.

Aherbelste (93) - - NOV 1, 2016
Color is amber to golden yellow. Average white foam head. Aroma is heavy floral hops, citrics. Taste is really bitter, somewhat sweet... flavour isn’t too balanced. Medium body, sticky texture, low carbonation and a long bitter finish.

cwill (93) - Parkesburg, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 10, 2017
Golden amber pour with minimal head. Strong aromas of fresh pine, citrus fruits lemon, grapefruit and earthy herbs. Taste is clean; pale malt body dominated by big hop flavors; bold but balanced bitterness. Slick mouthfeel medium body, with moderate carbonation. Very good west coast IPA.

DOdubble (92) - UVA, Virginia, USA - FEB 5, 2003
This is the 1st beer ive ever had from this brewery, and i will definitely be trying more after this. Yes its bitter, but in a very refreshing way, that makes me want to take another sip every time. Theres also some sweetness to balance it out. Absolutely delicious.

brewrater (92) - uniontown, Ohio, USA - JAN 6, 2005
This beer has the most diverse description of a beer I have seen on Ratebeer.com yet. While some found it very hoppy, even to the point of being unbalanced, others were suprised that it wasn’t as dry as they expected and found it very balanced. I fall into the latter. I lean towards the APA’s vs. the IPA’s for the very reason of balance. While the true Hophead disciple will love say Victory HopDevil, I gravitate towards the Sierra Nevada APA. All of that to say that this Stone brew falls more into the balanced category. Which ultimately worked out for me since I bought this since it is available in Ohio and Stone APA isn’t. I very good beer! Strong floral aftertaste. Quality product. One of the best I’ve had.

IvoR (92) - New Jersey, USA - JUL 11, 2007
Bottle. Pours golden/light amber with a small head. Aroma of hops. Flavor is what you would expect from an IPA, only deeper and more bitter. I can’t feel any fruits probably because they are masked by the bitterns. However, the bitterness persists in the aftertaste and leaves you with a pleasant experience wanting for more. Overall, a very good IPA.

exadore (92) - Sacramento, California, USA - NOV 21, 2007
Bottle. Poured with an impressive two finger head, and the body is a nice copper color. Carbonation overall is excellent, and the lacing is prevalent 20 minutes after pouring. Aroma is very fruity, and is most perfectly hopped. Its really impressive that a beer dry hopped for 2 weeks is this flavorful. Has a citrus, pine, grapefruit finish.

ph0tik (92) - Denver, Colorado, USA - JAN 18, 2008
Serious hop flavor here, the first sip will wake you up. Overwhelming (but nice) hop aroma as well. I had this with some spicy thai food and it matched well. Good beer but I don’t know if it is the top of the IPAs... I have more drinking to do!

toddkrem (92) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - JUL 14, 2008
Medium head, pours clear. Just the right bitterness, very good IPA. The best I can find in the stores in Nevada.

Dawghouse Brewers99 (91) - Exeter, California, USA - OCT 3, 2001
possibly the best IPA on the market. Great hoppy aroma and crisp hop flavor. A tad sweet but I’ll over look that. Great beer Stone!