overall
RATINGS: 4127   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.95/5   IBU: 77   EST. CALORIES: 207   ABV: 6.9%
Bottle, can, and keg: Filtered
Launched: August 1997
Hops: Magnum, Chinook & Centennial
By definition, an India Pale Ale is hoppier and higher in alcohol than its little brother, pale ale-and we deliver in spades. Now one of the most well respected and best-selling IPAs in the country, this golden beauty explodes with citrusy flavor and hop aromas, all perfectly balanced by a subtle malt character. This crisp, extra hoppy brew is hugely refreshing on a hot day, but will always deliver no matter when you choose to drink it.

gfunksalot (1) - acworth, Georgia, USA - JUN 22, 2012 does not count
Delicious this is my favorite ipa! I would recommend it to any ipa lover. it is difficult to find in most stores though

W181624 (2) - - JUN 23, 2012 does not count
Extremely good IPA! Very hoppy taste and strong aroma. 6.9% alcohol and after a six pack of bottles, you can feel it....

Sublym (78) - Arizona, USA - AUG 15, 2012
Ok, stone ipa needs no "description" if you havent had it yet your missing out. This is a "staple" beer in our fridge. For nights like tonight where new belgians super cru didnt satisfy me, I pull out a stone ipa and it totally redeems my night!!

BlueRidgeMatt (39) - Virginia, USA - OCT 31, 2012
This is an awesome IPA! Can’t help but give it a perfect score as it embodies everything I like about an IPA. Big bold hops in the aroma and flavor, great pour, great head. Great start and great finish. The middle is off the charts!

dhunter151 (590) - Santa Rosa, California, USA - JAN 26, 2013
UPDATED: FEB 3, 2013 A good solid IPA. Hoppy but without being overpowering. Tastes of pine and citrus. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

MHOSKINS (83) - Cleveland, Tennessee, USA - MAR 4, 2013
As the saying goes...Stone Rocks! What a great IPA. True to their standard, Stone delivers a well balanced IPA worthy of elite status. Get Stoned! MKH---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

High_in_NM (29) - Los Alamos NM, New Mexico, USA - MAY 25, 2013
What else can you say? Simply the standard. Been blessed to drink this regularly for several years now. Piney, resiny nose and taste reminds me of the Ponderosa pines growing right outside my door and never fails to deliver. I occasionally wander off looking for something for something new like we all do, but this is really the gold standard by which all the others are measured. Perfect? Well, for now at least. Maybe a little too malty for some occasions, but that’s really an extremely minor nitpick. This beer should not be allowed to be rated by mere mortals, it’s that good!

joeleaux (6) - Houma, Louisiana, USA - JUN 7, 2013 does not count
Seriously, one of the best IPAs i have ever had the pleasure of quaffing. Pours a beautiful orange/gold, honey and the fragrance of pine greets your nose by the time the bottle cap hits the counter. Velvety smooth, with medium carbonation. The taste of pine, citrus, a hint of sweet maltiness that gives way to a gentle heat on the finish. Utterly mind blowing.

tschof (61) - - JUN 28, 2013
Damn good! Outta control hops ! Big taste! Lasting lace. Just dry enough. I love IPA style and this is probably the best. Highly recommend. (Bottle to tulip)

gavmasterj (3) - - JUL 28, 2013 does not count
Best IPA I’ve ever tasted. I spent a year trying to brew beer that could taste this go, but I couldn’t quite nail it. I like a light ipa that’s heavy on flavoring/aroma hops, thus giving it that lovely citrus flavor, and moderate to easy on bittering hops, which seems to fit the stone profile well. I also like a lighter IPA so that malts don’t drown out that flavor, to which end the stone delivers yet again.