overall
RATINGS: 4056   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.95/5   IBU: 77   EST. CALORIES: 207   ABV: 6.9%
Bottle, can, and keg: Filtered
Launched: August 1997
Hops: Magnum, Chinook & Centennial
By definition, an India Pale Ale is hoppier and higher in alcohol than its little brother, pale ale-and we deliver in spades. Now one of the most well respected and best-selling IPAs in the country, this golden beauty explodes with citrusy flavor and hop aromas, all perfectly balanced by a subtle malt character. This crisp, extra hoppy brew is hugely refreshing on a hot day, but will always deliver no matter when you choose to drink it.

Tarmac61cm (5) - , Kansas, USA - JUL 29, 2013 does not count
Bottle. Pours a slightly hazy orange with a white head that settles slowly, thin lacing. Aroma is hoppy, resinous, bitter, and oily. Flavor is hoppy, moderately bitter, piney, with a very mild malt background. Bitter, very slightly soapy finish. Soft to moderate carbonation. Perfect well balanced IPA

Parksfamily (3) - Iowa, USA - JUL 30, 2013 does not count
This is also one of my favorite beers. Very good tasting beer. Also very high quality.

shanesmith89 (1) - , California, USA - AUG 12, 2013 does not count
This beer is excellent. I am a bartender for Stone in the airport and I have a bias, but I cant help it. Stone is good for the craft beer community and I support them all the way. This beer is good and good for beer.

rburrell89 (10) - Lakewood, Colorado, USA - SEP 2, 2013
This IPA sets the standard. Pours a golden color with a perfect head. Strong hop presence but not overwhelming. Has a piney/earthy nose and a very smooth finish. If you havent tried this beer yet, you need to.

gatheringfarts (5) - Connecticut, USA - NOV 16, 2013 does not count
sublime, nectar of god. if you are a hophead, this is the holy grail. my brother in law juano brought this to a golf outing one time and i will drink nothing else, except for ruination or the occasional arrogant bastard. makes a terrific beer a hole beer.

7bogey7 (6) - - DEC 30, 2013 does not count
My palate doesnt allow me to be too particular, but I try every/all IPAs wherever I go. Stone IPA is my staple. I live in San Diego, buy it by the case at Costco and feed it to all my friends. I drink it every day and have no negative comments - it tastes great and its my favorite beer. I am 71 years old and have been a beer drinker for 50 years - this is my favorite of all time.

ColaKid (82) - AUSTRALIA - JAN 20, 2014
The year is 2010, an Aussie craft beer novice travels to sunny California with his brother, he tastes Stone IPA, he is first overwhelmed by the crazy hop blast, by the end of the longneck he is converted forever to hoppy beers. Well done Stone, you made a beer wanker out of this Aussie! Perfection.

Hop_Hedonist (557) - Perth, AUSTRALIA - FEB 6, 2014
UPDATED: DEC 2, 2016 Delicious - a GREAT pale - herbal dominant with superb bitterness - a modern classic.

lordbrown666 (9) - Budapest, - MAY 9, 2014 does not count
Ez volt a legzsrabb sr, amit valaha ittam. J nem vagyok mg tl reg, jn mg a folytats. Nagyon frisstő, igazi srklnlegessg, szne, mint a srkny aranya s enyhn citrusos mellkze jl oltja a szomjat. The BEST!

JonLaRue (59) - St Louis, Missouri, USA - MAY 14, 2014
Nose of the beer contains rich floral and citrus aromas. In the glass is a vision of delightful opaque copper. Flavor starts with a touch of blonde grain. Then a large, long lasting, multidimensional voyage of hops with the best characteristic of flavor profiles they can impart. The beer is a hop lovers dream. This is the Cadillac of IPAs.