overall

RATINGS: 1738   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.54/5   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.4%
This deep amber ale has rich & roasty malt flavors, a big hoppy character, citrus overtones (courtesy of the hops and our special brewers yeast) and modest alcohol.

snoot (286) - Anaheim, California, USA - AUG 20, 2003
Nice hoppy aroma, pours a surprisingly nice deep amber color. Nice American Amber, I never thought I'd say this, but a good balance from a Stone Ale. IMHO, a great session ale from a brewery that normally does more exotic fare.

clong83 (285) - San Diego, California, USA - NOV 20, 2008
Pours a nice looking reddish hue with a beige head that lingers. Aroma of hops and resin. Right up front in the flavor are the hops. The body has a nice caramel sweetness to it to balance out the spicyness. Well carbonated and a very dry finish that leaves a piney flavor aftertaste. Pretty good amber, this has a lot of what I like in a good amber.

drinkbeer (283) - Redondo Beach, California, USA - OCT 9, 2003
A very nice amber. Great color and consistency. I felt it tasted similar to their pale ale, yet with more malts and slightly less hops. A great session ale to be enjoyed in large quantities.

akinm (282) - San Diego, California, USA - SEP 30, 2002
Dont get me wrong, I love hops, but this beer was too dry for me. It finishes very dry with lots of hops and it was just an all out bitterness assault on the senses, all of them! it is a great looking beer, dark ruby and perfectly clear. it smells wonderful, lots of playful hops in the nose. the finish is just terrifyingly ddry for me. this said, i have absolutely not lost faith in stone, i still love em just not this one.

klaing (282) - Florida, USA - DEC 7, 2013
Pours a dull medium brown with a filmy and persistent head. Lovely nutty aroma, and a lovely taste. Hazelnuts with lemon zest followed by a generous hopping. Depth of flavor in the aftertaste. Is this really only 4.4%? ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

cryptobard (281) - DENMARK - AUG 2, 2011
Have had many times from the bottle. Smells like hops and light carmel. Roasted malts lead the flavor and hops closes it. Lots of presence for a lighter beer. Also, looks beautiful; sunburst amber you can see through.

Markm2151 (280) - toledo, USA - JUN 10, 2013
Well made and balanced beer. Malty aroma and palate but kept in check but a noticeable, but not overpowering hop influence.

Jabswitch (278) - Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA - JUL 6, 2008
I was surprised at the bitterness from this amber. Also surprised at the low abv of 4.4%. Nice dark amber, but I thought a little over the top on bitterness. I normally enjoy ambers but found myself struggling to finish this one.

12many (277) - Alaska, USA - AUG 26, 2008
Alefest sample. Aroma is decent with plenty of pine and citrus hops but this was lacking on flavor. Feels watery and with low carbonation. Decent but disappointing.

morri (277) - NORWAY - APR 25, 2013
330ml bottle from Ølhandleriet. Tiny white head. Clear, but slightly cloudy amber body. Aroma of light hops, citrus, yeast and butter. Quite sweet on the tongue, bitter long lasting taste.