overall

RATINGS: 1694   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.54/5   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.4%
This deep amber ale has rich & roasty malt flavors, a big hoppy character, citrus overtones (courtesy of the hops and our special brewers yeast) and modest alcohol.

jimmbo123 (44) - Washington, USA - JUN 14, 2009
The quality of the hop flavor in this is the best I’ve tasted. Unless you don’t like hop flavor at all you should like this. I tried it side by side with Sierra Nevada Pale Ale which normally is at the upper limit of my desired hoppiness, but Levitation Ale was much hoppier and tasted better overall.

vanmojo (1) - California, USA - JUL 8, 2009 does not count
I generally like the bombastic nature of Stone beers; I love the Arrogant Bastard and their Imperial Stout is simply the best... but this has supplanted them in my pantheon. Levitation Ale really is the summation of all Stone’s craft, attention to detail and refusal to compromise in a singular brew that is nearly perfect in every respect. Were I forced to come up with a criticism, I think it would be that I like beers that generally top 6 to 7 percent ABV, but for this beer, the 4.4 is perfect and just adds to its drinkability... Rock on, Stone!

Tarmac61cm (5) - , Kansas, USA - JUL 23, 2013 does not count
Pours a reddish orange pour with a small head. Aroma is sweet citrusl. Taste is very bigwith hops mostly citrus to me, and very drinkable. which I would never have guessed would be so low. Finish is dry and ends on sweet citrus notes. This is my new favorite beer. I really believe this should get a lot hire score then 94

AverageJoeBeer (1) - Truth or Consequences, New Mexico, USA - OCT 2, 2013 does not count
This is by far one of the best beers I’ve ever had. I can drink it down with ease. Love the finish - nice hoppy bitterness followed by a clean crisp, barely any aftertaste.