overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip

RATINGS: 883   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.85/5   EST. CALORIES: 255   ABV: 8.5%
Lukcy Basartd is a dry-hopped meeting-of-the-Bastards in a in-the-fermenter-blend of Arrogant Bastard Ale and Double Bastard Ale…with a perfect balance of the essence of OAKED Arrogant Bastard Ale. All in all, one awesome Bastard.

Lukcy Basartd Ale will be released in November and should be available in many of the enlightened locations where the liquid Arrogance is typically found.

This is a ‘once only’ special release commemorating the 13 year anniversary of when Arrogant Bastard Ale was first released upon the unsuspecting public. That is, ‘once only’ unless we decide to make it again.

Label text:

Oepn yuor mnid. Use a craobwr if you msut. Snice 1997, Arorgnat Basartd Ale has denemdad taht tyrnianacl micredioty rleax its girp of opprobrium on our ciollectve couniescosnss. Few pessoss the ruiereqd isinght or detph of piversceptve to crdiet the Liuqid Arorgnace for initatgsing the rlveoituon in tsate taht it has. Hevweor, taht’s pfecertly fnie, as our hlurecaen erffots in thirstung the larlegy unlliwing wolrd farorwd rquereis no exrtneal vaditilaon. We ralieze it’s hmaun nautre to bleeive taht pregorss trowads getreanss is one’s own ieda.

The mree fcat taht yuo’re hdoinlg tihs bttloe in yuor hnad ianidctes taht yuo’re pyiang antteiton, wihch ideitammley stes you arpat form the msseas. It aslo mkaes you one Lukcy Basartd. Hewover, lcuk faovrs the blod... and the arorgnat. The trmiraivute of Arorgnat Basartd Ale, OEKAD Arorgnat Basartd Ale and Dbolue Basartd Ale are all in paly in this cvueé de Basartd you now hlod, and wihle it is idneed a Lukcy Basartd, lcuk had ntohing to do wtih it.

Taody, wihle nueomrus iendicrlby dinistcitve chcoies are now alavaible, msot popele sitll fucos tiehr attntieon uopn msas mdiea’s isscenatnly banal ehco cheambr, keenpig thier hdeas frimly buerid in the maross of mecridioty. To beark thurogh tihs cophocany, to gsarp enitghnelnemt anmog the mnid-nmubnig culettr, rerequis itnent. Coinscous itnent. For mnay, this aictve piticipataron in the wolrd is unomfacbtorle. Prerrifeng inasted for oethrs to mkae teihr chcoies for tehm — be it a shioutng pindut or a toelievisn ciommecral — sheeple apccet the cmmoitozdied nrom wioutht thoghut. And to thsoe we say: “Setp asdie, and get the hlel out of our way.”

Habanero (4631) - Tranbjerg, DENMARK, DENMARK - JAN 2, 2017
Bottled. Pours clear mahagony with a small, lacing beige head. Aroma of toasted caramel, orange zest, wood and piney notes. Sweet flavor that ends up being more dry and bitter. Medium bodied, oily texture and soft carbonation. A very nice Ale. 🌟🌟🌟🌟

MetalNHopHead (1882) - Lincoln, Nebraska, USA - DEC 29, 2016
The brilliant, beautiful bastards at Stone never fail me with their Bastard releases. Lucky Bastard basically looks like everything else in the lineup - ruby red color and excellent retention of of the creamy tan-colored foam. Earthy hop aromatics and caramel malt on the nose. The taste showcases earthy, piney hops and faintly chocolaty malt. There’s quite a lot of bitterness coming from the hops, but it’s restrained by the fat malt. Stone proves, once again, that it’s good to be a bastard.

jlong1965 (16) - San Diego, California, USA - DEC 27, 2016
I think I may like this better than regular bastard. Nice fresh cone hop aroma. Clear dark red, nice real nice carbonation with off white head. Wonderful mouthfeel of hops and malts.

Giochaurand (526) - FINLAND - DEC 26, 2016
Bottle from Kavu. Pours clear ruby red with some bubbles. Aroma is roasted malts, caramel. Flavour is malty and bitter, as if I would have put fresh hops in my mouth.

Kavu (4721) - Helsinki, FINLAND - DEC 26, 2016
0,65l bottle from a collague from Boston. Pours clear amber with a low head with big bubbles. Flavor is lightly roasted malts, nuts, caramel, alcohol and hops. Very good.

KansaiBeerLvrs (5084) - Kyoto, JAPAN - DEC 16, 2016
Finally got a chance to try Lucky Bastard! I think the last time this was made CBB had just opened and I passed on it thinking I’ll try it next year... ...little did I know it would then disappear for several years until I spotted this bottle on Rakuten. It was bottled on October 13 and is best before January 11th so it’s getting a bit long in the tooth I guess. For this brew I cracked out my IPA glass in which I got a deep copper red color and a huge beige head that leaves copious lacing behind. Straight from the fridge it is a bit on the cold side but gives me lots of sweet fruity hops, hints of oak and I even detect tobacco leaf. Medium bodied with a slightly raspy mouthfeel the taste is big bitter pine up front, then oak & dry whole tobacco leaf with some orange citrus notes in the finish. Too bitter for me but interesting and I’m glad I got to try it. If you love hops or Stone you should get your hands on this.

Itzjerm (2791) - Taft, Tennessee, USA - DEC 8, 2016
Wow look at this. The head fades fast and is the bad part. But that’s the end of negative. Aroma is perfect and amazing. Some dank and some strong citrus aroma. Super thick but good balance of sweet and hop. Perfect thickness on tongue with hop sharpness. Carmel sting dank hop light pine. Well done!

fuzzcro (295) - Illinois, USA - DEC 4, 2016
A good one and I’m glad I did try it but it does not measure up to Arrogant Bastard!

Hexenhetfield (27) - MEXICO - DEC 4, 2016
Una cerveza increíble, desde el aroma, el sabor, el cuerpo, la pinta, tiene todo lo que puedes pedir de una cerveza ale

Foxbush (2003) - Richmond, Virginia, USA - DEC 2, 2016
UPDATED: DEC 4, 2016 22 oz Bottle from Growlers to Go in Short Pump, VA This is an amazing ale. The ale poured a clear dark amber or mahogany with tan head and lacing. The aroma of licorice, brown sugar and caramel malts greets you. The taste is very complex with citrus hops challenging pine resin. This is highest I have rated a beer in awhile. This ale deserves it! The ale has a medium body with average carbonation. The finish is clean with some hop bitterness in the upper mouth. Last night I had a tour of the Stone Brewery in Richmond. Impressive with an excellent tour guide.