overall

RATINGS: 1719   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.61/5   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
Deep amber in color, Stone Pale Ale is robust and full flavored. A delicate hop aroma is complemented by a rich maltiness.

kseecs16 (1216) - Naperville, Illinois, USA - NOV 20, 2007
Bottle. Poured copper orange with a big bubbly foamy head. Little lacing. Grassy hop aroma with a defined yeasty malt body. A bit sweet, malts evident with a mild hop finish, fairly plain tasting. A little watery with a nice lingering aftertaste.

urbnhautebourg (997) - Annapolis, Maryland, USA - NOV 27, 2007
Everyone seems to say the same thing about this beer: beautiful, copper color, quite nicely malty and a pleasant, but restrained amount of hops. I cannot disagree. I liked it quite a bit, but I probably won’t opt for this one too often given the other (and I think superior) APAs out there.

blutt59 (6564) - Dallas, Texas, USA - MAY 9, 2008
bomber, dark brown pour, malty nose with a bitter finish, this didn’t really work for me maybe old bottle, I have like the other stones I have tried a lot better

lightning9191 (82) - Christiansburg, Virginia, USA - MAY 9, 2008
This beer pours copper with a small head. The aroma is hoppy, but not overpowering. The flavor is alright. It is hoppy and some maltiness. There is something funny about the hop flavor I don’t like in this one. It tastes almost metallic. I think it tastes too much like resin....astringent-like. It has a medium body and medium carbonation. I’m not sure I would want a six pack of this stuff.

LtDan (1806) - Los Angeles County, California, USA - APR 3, 2009
Appearance: Pours a translucent amber with a 1/2 inch of thick white foam topping of head. Aroma: Light whiffs of malt sweetness Taste: Starts off with heavy bitter hops. Then I get a nice English-like maltiness followed by some more bitterness. Mouthfeel: Very carbonated and medium bodied. Overall: A way better session beer than Levitation, an agressively hopped pale for fure. I like a bit more crispness and citrus in my California Pale Ales.

jb43 (1650) - Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA - MAY 1, 2009
(Bottle). Pours a copper color. Medium off white head. Moderate to heavy lacing. Light hoppy aroma. Light hop and light alcohol flavor. Smooth finish. Moderate carbonation.

harbuck76 (134) - El Cajon, California, USA - MAY 16, 2009
12 oz. Pours amber with white head. Mild citrus hop aroma . caramel malts. well balanced. nothing special.

warrenc (23) - Oregon, USA - JUN 1, 2009
12 oz. bottle. this PA was a bit heavy on the malt for me. nothing stands out as above average. the first Stone beer i do not see buying again, too many better PA’s out there without the stone price tag.

ZR2Blazer (87) - Christiansburg, Virginia, USA - JUN 8, 2009
Bottle - pours brownish amber with a 1 finger white head. Nose is of malt and hops. Taste is decent, nothing to write home about. Finishes with a little carbonation and aftertaste lingers of hops. Not bad but certainly not my favorite APA.

arondee (601) - Phoenix, Arizona, USA - JUL 24, 2009
Pours a nice copper color with a medium white head that fades fast. Good carbonation, lots of lacing. Aroma is caramel, malts, and a touch of hops. Taste is surprisingly low-key. There’s some hops, a little bit of sweetness and floral taste. Iit’s certainly not very bitter, there’s also a bit of caramel in there but overall it’s pretty boring. Don’t get me wrong it’s a well made beer and possibly a good starter beer for someone that’s not used to hops but probably my least favorite beer from Stone.