overall
Formerly brewed at Stone Brewing
Style: Imperial IPA
Escondido, California USA

RATINGS: 3720   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.03/5   EST. CALORIES: 246   ABV: 8.2%
Please note that the Ruination produced in Europe is the Ruination Double IPA 2.0

Illini08 (542) - Raleigh, North Carolina, USA - JUL 4, 2006
22 oz bomber picked up in Colorado. Drank this while watching the Germany v. Italy World Cup game. Tasty stuff. Tons of hops, obviosuly. There was enough malt to be noticeable, but this was all about the hops. I noticed some yeast in there as well. The taste lingers in your mouth for quite a while, which makes this a bit of a slow drinker. Watch out though, you’ll be be feeling it after just one bottle of this (i am anyway!). Happy Independence Day!

Ibrew2or3 (8614) - Tempe, Arizona, USA - JUL 4, 2006
UPDATED: MAR 25, 2009 Clear light copper color with full white head. Crisp grapefruit hop aroma with a bit of sweetness wafting in too. Nice thick mouth feel with hop flavor and hop bitterness hitting at once. I taste the grapefruit hop flavor along with some sweetness from the malt peeking through the steel curtain of hop bitterness. Delicious hoppy after taste.

BJP2006 (43) - Washington, USA - JUL 3, 2006
22 oz bomber, Small off white head ,aroma seemed lacking for such a big beer great hop flavor and bitternes have had this for years and it is a great beer but something has changed sinced they moved the brewery cant put my finger on it but still one of my favorites

pintocb (654) - Hoon, Georgia, USA - JUL 3, 2006
This is a bitter beer. I It pours an every so slightly cloudy orange. Brief white head. Can’t drink too much at one time. Intense malt flavor followed by so much hops that I almost thought I was eating them. The finish lasts so long I’m still tasting it the next day.

Tybalt (212) - Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA - JUL 2, 2006
A terrific IPA...if you’re in the mood for it. Not for casual drinking, but great when you want to get smacked in the face with hoppy flavor. Luckily, today that’s exactly what I wanted.

decaturstevo (6244) - decatur, Tennessee, USA - JUN 30, 2006
An slightly hazed orange amber pour with a nice fluffy head that fades quickly to a slight lace. As you would expect the sweet smell of hops and malt meet you at the rim of the glass in that order. The hops really don’t jump on you like you would think on the drink. There is a 3-4 second delay of smooth malt before that hop bitter twistes your tongue up like you twist a towel to pop someones ass in the shower room. An excellent palate that isn’t watery or fizzy. Alcohol doesn’t rear its head until you finish the bomber then it whispers "yard work? hell no let’s drink one more".

edfitz (118) - Toledo, Ohio, USA - JUN 30, 2006
My first Imperial IPA, so I wasn’t sure what to expect. This beer is quite an adventure. I was suprised how malty and bitter this beer is. I fully expected it to be hoppy, but the malt took me by suprise. Another great job by Stone.

greenhorn1 (850) - Mission Viejo, California, USA - JUN 27, 2006
What can I say, everything Stone produces is awesome. This Double IPA pours a clear orange/copper color with big lacing. The aroma comes on strong with floral and citrus. Medium body that has a big hop taste, which lingers on the palate for a long time. Good job SoCal, I will keep this IPA in my rotation.

ender (10) - Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA - JUN 26, 2006
What can you really say about this beer? Freakin crazy aroma. So much hops bitterness and pinyness...smells like somone stuck a bouqet of hops in your face. Tastes about the same...a little maltyness in the background...obviously the hops takes over right away and leaves you almost puckering...love this one. Hop heads rejoice.

iowaherkeye (2703) - Ocean Beach, San Diego, California, USA - JUN 25, 2006
22oz bomber, no date via trade from Jason @ Knightly Spirits. Pours a hazy golden with a moderate off-white head. Big aroma of pine and sweet grapefruit up front, caramelly malt backbone. Very fruity, though doesn’t seem too bitter. Flavor is in fact pretty bitter throughout, pine and resiny bitterness more apparent. Still fruity, though not as much as the aroma led on. Piney bittersweet finish. My first Stone brew and everything I expected. Full bodied, light-medium carbonation, nice lacing.