overall
Formerly brewed at Stone Brewing
Style: Imperial IPA
Escondido, California USA

RATINGS: 3720   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.03/5   EST. CALORIES: 246   ABV: 8.2%
Please note that the Ruination produced in Europe is the Ruination Double IPA 2.0

JFURYCAT (1078) - East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 6, 2006
This hit New Jersey not too long ago and what a smash! The hops are plenty and elegently blended with a medium-dry palate and aroma that smacks of a floral bouquet. I could seriously live on this beer.

trafford (171) - Germantown, Tennessee, USA - MAY 5, 2006
What a great IPA. The clerk at the store said it was a Rogue and I took his word until I had my first sip. This is what IPA’s are all about. HOPS HOPS HOPS. I’m glad I found a place that carries it, but I will never listen to the staff. If you like the Dogfish Head IPA you NEED to give this one a try.

Wagon87 (1) - Woburn, Massachusetts, USA - MAY 4, 2006 does not count
Wow... GREAT taste, amazingly addictive bitterness, hefty level of alcohol and too much flavor for the average drinker... so I can rest assure that my six pack is just the way I left it, so I can enjoy that unbeatable, unmistakable, irresistible bitterness bliss.

hophead75 (2012) - Largo, Florida, USA - MAY 2, 2006
22 oz. Pours golden with a medium long lasting head and medium carbonation. Aroma: pungent/earthy/citrus/pine hops, Taste is the same, very bitter, citrus, pine, earthy, with a decent malt backbone. my palate is completely ruined. mission accomplished.

Bartzilla (622) - La Mesa, California, USA - MAY 1, 2006
What I like most about this beer is how rocked I can get from it. Then there’s the insane level of hops with little regard for the taste buds of lesser people. I drink this a lot and you should too. I’ve made something along these lines before. It was pretty good. We drank all 5 gallons in 2 afternoons.

Boutip (6374) - Gatineau, Quebec, CANADA - MAY 1, 2006
Bottle (Courtesy of Hogtownharry): Poured a bright copper color beer with a nice foamy bright white head with great lacing and retention. Beautiful floral aroma with solid sweet malt as a backbone. Taste is also dominated by the floral texture of the hops with a great nice bitter finish. Great balance between bitter and floral malt and great presence of malt. Body is above average and alcohol is well hidden. I was really impress since I am not the greatest fan of IIPA.

drainey (234) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - APR 28, 2006
22 oz bottle. Golden copper body with a small white head. I could smell the hop aroma halfway across the room, although I did find some sweetness in the aroma as well. Flavor is bold but well balanced initially between the heavy hop bite and the malty sweetness. The finish is huge bitter hops. Very good beer.

bigbish (712) - California, USA - APR 27, 2006
Holy crap! This stuff is great. Floral and citrus notes, and MAN those hops! Their IPA is good but this is better.

xproudfoot (750) - Paleolithic, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 21, 2006
All honor and glory to this massive sweating hop plant that birthed this noble sacrifice i accept thee with all graciousness, viciousness, and splendour, wo and yea, as ye raise and sow destruction upon the razed ruins of my homeland. may i not weep for what i have lost, for i have been spared by glory.

jason (1834) - Easton, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 20, 2006
UPDATED: MAR 6, 2008 Bottle. First impression: Sweet, Sweet Hops! Very hoppy aroma, almost enough to send you into an hop heaven nirvana. Keeps a nice head with a lot of spirit in it. Great flavor that is a step above their IPA (slight citrusy falvor assocaited with CA brewers). Good IIPA