overall
Formerly brewed at Stone Brewing
Style: Imperial IPA
Escondido, California USA

RATINGS: 3720   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.03/5   EST. CALORIES: 246   ABV: 8.2%
Please note that the Ruination produced in Europe is the Ruination Double IPA 2.0

tbookman (618) - Ephrata, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 28, 2004
UPDATED: DEC 28, 2006 Medium amber color witha mild head. Very hoppy at the start, malty sweet at the end. Dry and quenching.

joeycapps (1468) - Waterdown, Ontario, CANADA - JUN 26, 2004
Hazy, translucent orange-amber. White head. Thin but stable bead. Big floral & citrus (grapefruit) aroma w/ notes of pine & mint. Full, sticky, oily, body. Huge hop flavour of grapefruit, mint, & pine. Nicely supported by the malt but still balanced toward the hops. Long, intensely bitter finish w/ some very dry, peppery notes.

CamdenD (1197) - Madrid, SPAIN - JUN 25, 2004
UPDATED: AUG 8, 2005 Nice! Bam. It needs a bit of getting used to, but I do prefer it to the normal IPA. You all now what this one is like.

Pjones6738 (500) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - JUN 24, 2004
I’ve had this bottle in my fridge for probably a year and a half now. No good reason for it sitting there that long, but it finally made its way out. Orange color, a little cloudy. Citrus scent, and a nice hop bitterness. Any more bitter, and I’m not sure how much I’d like it. But at this age, its damn near perfect. And since I can only rate it the way I’ve had it, it gets a near perfect rating. Fantastic stuff.

TheDean (786) - MIlwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - JUN 24, 2004
Wow, this beer is aged about a year and it still has lots of hoppy goodness! Damn fine beer, I would like to like to try a bottle that’s not aged as long. This and Hop Devil make life worth living//

BrockLanders (780) - Panama City, Florida, USA - JUN 20, 2004
Boy is this one a keeper. I spent a ton of bucks to have a variety of beers sent to me prior to my wedding. I’ve got Stone, Victory, Dogfish Head, North Coast, and Alesmith goods. A fine selection of barley wines, imperial stouts, and imperial IPAs. I’m in heaven. Everything I imagined about this beer was right. What a hop-boot kick to the head. The coppery orange color with fluffy off-white head is quite a sight. There’s no letdown with the taste either. The hoppy, grapefruity aroma leads to a wonderful malt/hop flavor. The longer you let it linger in your mouth, the more hop you get. Delightful. The bitter hop finish is just right. Yep, I’m getting more of this gem.

Hab40oz (242) - Grants Pass, Oregon, USA - JUN 20, 2004
A very wonderfully hoppy IPA. Very clear and classy looking in appearance. The hops are well balanced by malts making for a smooth full flavored ale. The brew is right up there with Hopocity by Full Sail but has a more bitter bite and less sweet hop aroma. Very very good though

Falconseye8 (542) - Evans, Colorado, USA - JUN 19, 2004
Ruination is better to combine with Dogfish 90 than puting it up against a regular IPA. Ruination is every bit as good as Dogfish 90!!! Great hops, I don’t know about Paganism but Ruination is a terrific beer. I think this round is going to wind up in a tie. If I could stocks lots of both and never have to run out I’d die a happy man after a fulfilling life of quality beer consumption. Its an awesome beer. Potent, Hoppy, I’m sure the Stone Gargoyles who protect this elixir are very proud of their duty to man.

DomiNate (123) - Boise, Idaho, USA - JUN 16, 2004
Deap honey golden brown pour. Thin white layer of head that dissapates very quickly. Smell is of hops. Fruitiness is grapefruit. Not too carbonated. Taste is very hopy. Very bitter. Very refreshing. Very delicious IPA. Makes me wanting more, more, more.

turbo (1271) - Arizona, USA - JUN 11, 2004
UPDATED: APR 27, 2005 WOW!! I guess I know for sure what a hoppy beer tastes and smell like now! nice amber color with thick foamy head! that lasts!! $4.99 for a bomber here in Arizona, and I cant wait to get some more,, nice bite with lingering taste A+++