overall
Formerly brewed at Stone Brewing
Style: Imperial IPA
Escondido, California USA

RATINGS: 3489   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.03/5   EST. CALORIES: 246   ABV: 8.2%
Please note that the Ruination produced in Europe is the Ruination Double IPA 2.0

knights97 (110) - Tennessee, USA - DEC 21, 2008
Ruination has one mission and that is to shove hops down your throat. Pours to a dark orange body, big body beer with hops and nothing but hops. Monster beer and not for the weak at heart

noid1985 (110) - Broadview, Illinois, USA - AUG 16, 2012
Picked this on up while vacationing in Minnesota....poured dark brown in color with a light hop aroma. Taste of citrus, If it werent for the demon on the bottle I would probably do this one again :(

porkdiggity (109) - Ohio, USA - FEB 27, 2013
This will destroy your palate, and you will be thankful for it. Huge hop flavors and bitterness, this beer will suck the moisture right out of your mouth. All in all, awesome and fearsome. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

mbrandon2w (109) - Worcester, Massachusetts, USA - APR 13, 2007
A great ipa. Has a surpisingly creamy mouth feel, not too oily/resiny like some IPAs. Very citrusy nose, grapefruit with a hint of orange. The citrus flavor and creamy mouthfeel together remind me of orange creamsicles. I did expect it to be more bitter, but that’s by no means a complaint. It’s really a perfect ipa

WinoInTraining (109) - Longmont, Colorado, USA - AUG 16, 2008
Serious, deep bitter piney style IPA. More sublte floral hits. great length, I like

tilldeath (109) - Arvada, Colorado, USA - JAN 21, 2010
Little let down by this one, I knew going into it it would be quite bitter and and hop forward, but I also thought there would be a decent malt backbone here. Hops upfront are citrus blending into a spicy bitter with a super light malt sweetness. Not the most well rounded and not what I look for in an IPA.

PD4Ever (109) - Kansas City, Missouri, USA - APR 22, 2012
12oz bottle poured into tulip glass. Bottle dated best by 5.06.12 Aroma: citrus, peaches, apricots, lemons, oranges, floral, mango, grass Appearance: fairly clear, light orange pour with very little head that faded entirely in a minute. Taste: medium sweet, medium sour, heavy bitter. peaches, lemons, and apricots are very present here Palate: medium sour and heavy bitter on the aftertaste. bitter lingers for a bit. medium body, slick texture, very lively carbonation on my lips and tongue. Overall: I’ve had many Imperial IPAs and this one is good yet not one of my personal favorites. It has too much bitter for my liking. The apricot is actually much more present on this on than Dogfish Head Aprihop but this lacks the sweetness to balance. Wont pick this up again. I’d lean more towards a Lagunitas Hopstoopid or a Bells Two Hearted for a great year round DIPA that is both fruity and balanced.

livelaughlovep (108) - Lakewood, Ohio, USA - APR 5, 2009
UPDATED: MAY 28, 2009 Notes of soap, pine, citrus peel and grass. Aggressive bitter finish, slightly sweet.

Coltrane (108) - South Carolina, USA - APR 8, 2009
I always love a double thats only 7.7. This means that the hops are entirely out of whack with the amount of malt, and its certainly the case here. Destroys your tongue, but in the best possibly way. Incredibly piney and so dry it sucks the moisture off your tongue. A beautiful beer,

RPKLove (108) - Astoria, New York, USA - NOV 15, 2009
UPDATED: NOV 27, 2009 I bought this at the Wholefoods beer store on Houston for 2.99. Smells amazing, tastes nearly as good. I drank their regular IPA, which I had previously considered to be very hoppy, right after this and found it somewhat watery in comparison. Not to say that’s necessarily better for everyone, but I prefer it.