overall
Formerly brewed at Stone Brewing
Style: Imperial IPA
Escondido, California USA

RATINGS: 3488   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.03/5   EST. CALORIES: 246   ABV: 8.2%
Please note that the Ruination produced in Europe is the Ruination Double IPA 2.0

csuders (30) - Shippensburg, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 22, 2006
had it on tap at the local pub as the guest keg. it was delightul. i’m not a big IPA guy, a little hoppy for my taste. This one is very well balanced and drinkable

gallagwar (30) - USA - DEC 23, 2006
If you like bitter beer, you’ve come to the right place. Very strong. One bottle can kick the unseasoned beer drinker in the backside. A beer you MUST be in the mood for.

LeviathanIPA (30) - chula vista, California, USA - SEP 17, 2007
very good ipa, white head dim honey color, strong hop aroma, sweet hoppy taste with a floral finish, smooth texture.

fistfull (30) - Halethorpe, Maryland, USA - OCT 31, 2009
Woooo weee! Hop heaven (if you like ’em hoppy!) This beer exudes hops through its pores! OMG! It may not get much hoppier! A lingering hoppy bitterness coats the palate like none other! Light in color but big in its forward bite! This may be one of the kings of hoppy brews? No doubt!

MosesMendoza (30) - South Carolina, USA - APR 28, 2010
Bomber from Green’s on Piney Grove. Aroma is the most perfect, crisp, clean & powerful hops. Taste is a mouthful of the same hops. This is a hop delight, I don’t know what else to say, because the hops hit the front of my mouth, everything stays crisp, bitter, and hoppy throughout. Probably not for everyone.

jds170 (30) - Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 13, 2010
From 22 ounce bottle. Pours hazy orange-gold with the lightest tan head. Aromatically resinous hop and orange aroma with some carmel as well. On the tongue there’s an immediate interplay of sweet caramel malt and a bracing bitterness with a hint of toast. It’s medium-thick and oily, finishing with a strong bitterness that keeps the palate clean. I like my DIPAs a little thicker and better balanced, but it’s a great example of the West Coast sub-style, and it’s always welcome in my cellar.

hopslammer (30) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - NOV 1, 2012
Holy Beelzebub. I’m thinking the guys who wrote this label knew what they were talking about, but no! I didn’t listen. Now the next beer I’ll have is going to be tampered with. TOTALLY WORTH IT! It pours a nice orange golden hue (like a sunset, almost) with a very powerful and lingering aroma. Proabaly the best and longest smelling beer (by that I mean, usually as I get closer to the bottom of the glass, the aroma dissipates accordingly, but not here) I’ve had in a long time/ever. Not only that, but they say this is a bitter beer. And it’s true! Too many times I hear "this is a brutally bitter beer" and it tastes sweet to me. Well, Stone backs up their claim and even now, a good 3 minutes since my last swig and I can still taste/feel the bitterness. Luckily it isn’t so bad that it’s like taking a taste of a hop pellet (homebrewers, you know you do this! but only every so often.) so there is a sweet relief in there somewhere. I can’t discern any specific malt flavors, but man...if you like hops, you’re gonna LOVE this beer. But follow their advice and have this last otherwise the beer will do as it’s name implies.

Infiniteipa (30) - - FEB 1, 2014
My bottle was the revamped 8.2% offering, its been a long while since I had this so I cant really tell how different this is, but it remains a firm favourite. This beer is unbalanced in the good way, muddy bitterness mixed with heavy grapefruit and pine. I prefer a higher abv, so this bump to 8.2 is more than welcome. Excellent as ever from Stone.

ghett0yeti (29) - Chandler, Arizona, USA - FEB 10, 2005
I hate to give a Stone brew such a low score, but this was like going to the brew shop, grabbing a handful of hop pellets and jamming them in your mouth. I mean, I love hops, but man, this stuff is out of control.