overall
Formerly brewed at Stone Brewing
Style: Imperial IPA
Escondido, California USA

RATINGS: 3475   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.03/5   EST. CALORIES: 246   ABV: 8.2%
Please note that the Ruination produced in Europe is the Ruination Double IPA 2.0

COJim (5) - California, USA - MAR 2, 2012 does not count
The perfect IPA. Perfectly hoppy, bitter, carbonated, colored, and headed. The perfect grapefruit citrus. No sweetness. I love this IPA. Stone, and a few other micro-breweries. are the reason the best ales and stouts are made in the USA.

DaltonDK (5) - Hinnerup, DENMARK - MAR 4, 2012 does not count
22oz bottle. Pours a very light amber with a white, very tight and long lasting head. Really looks like a super-model for a head of beer. The aroma is strong but pleasant and enjoyable with a really citrus/floral hop smell! The taste is delicate malt upfront followed by the hops with a perfect grapefruit citrus taste. Can feel the effects of the alcohol (7.7), but it doesn’t dominate the taste, but enhances the experience. Very little sweetness. Very long bitter finish that seems to grow longer and stronger with each sip! It is definitely not a beer one can drink all night, but if I were to choose one beer on my death bed, this would be it!

Forb (26) - - MAR 13, 2012
Poured from a 650ml bottle... Appearance: Beautifully hazy golden orange hue with a fluffy / creamy 1 finger head. The glass is white-walled with lacing. Smell: My lord, never have I smelled so much hop deliciousness from a beer before. This smell excites with an actual hop ’sweetness’!! Taste: The taste of a sweet hop essence so smooth and delectable that I can honestly say it’s the closest to draft I’ve ever had from a bottle. Just amazing. Mouthfeel: Creamy, smooth, hoppy, happy, and just downright filled with the love of brewing. This beer makes a ! and it indicates appreciation for the fine art of brewing. Overall: The best IPA I’ve ever had. Hands down. Even if your not a hophead. JUST DO IT! Prosit!!!!

sammyjabels (4) - - JUN 16, 2012 does not count
What a fantasic brew! If you are a fan of ipa’s and haven’t tried this, you must. Very well balanced flavors, and is smooth and piney like a good ipa should be.

Thetree (5) - - JUN 25, 2012 does not count
Hands down my favorite ipa, it tastes great with a quality meal, or great for drinks with friends.

IPAkawl (1) - Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 31, 2012 does not count
Smells piney and pours hazy. Has pleasant citrus, floral, spruce notes..a true palate wrecker

briwest70 (2) - Dennis, Massachusetts, USA - AUG 3, 2012 does not count
Strong aroma but a smooth taste. Deep golden appearance. Taste like your eating grapefruit. Overall I give this beer a 10

JoseBravo (9) - SCOTLAND - SEP 21, 2012 does not count
UPDATED: APR 3, 2013 incredibly well balanced ipa with an awesome aroma of passion fruit and grapefruits, strong but not overpowered bitterness

dhunter151 (590) - Santa Rosa, California, USA - JAN 29, 2013
Very hop forward. Hoppier than most IPAs. Great beer. Aroma and taste of pine and grapefruit. Refreshing. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

jennajlover (135) - Portland, Oregon, USA - FEB 10, 2013
Got sent up a gift pack of North County San Diego brews. This was one. Absolutely perfect. Nose/aroma is so unreal! Hop flavor, malt flavor, all the above are great! I am pretty sure I can get it up here, I will be looking for sure. Surprised I haven’t tried to get my hands n this sooner.