overall
Formerly brewed at Stone Brewing
Style: Imperial IPA
Escondido, California USA

RATINGS: 3476   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.03/5   EST. CALORIES: 246   ABV: 8.2%
Please note that the Ruination produced in Europe is the Ruination Double IPA 2.0

Bill Becker (1371) - Casper, Wyoming, USA - OCT 17, 2017
From Jun 2006 poured from 22oz bottle a medium gold with a large head of foam that dissipated slowly leaving a solid layer with good lacing. The smell is a citrusy hop..a mix of lemon and grapefruit. The taste has a huge hop flavour initially that is quite bitter but as I swish the brew in my mouth, there *is* a definite malt presence there that softens the hop attack a bit but yeah, make no mistake aboot it...this brew is a hop bomb first and foremost and that's a good thing. ;^) That's why I keep picking up this beer when I make my(in) frequent jaunts to Colorado. Bottom line: A great DIPA that, imho, deserves the reputation that it has acquired. I Highly Recommend it!

chessman (4) - - OCT 2, 2017 does not count
Got this in a variety pack-it stands out as perfect in a 12 pk of really great ales.the blend of pine and something else means i'll be purchasing this soon!