overall

RATINGS: 1226   WEIGHTED AVG: 4/5   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 100   EST. CALORIES: 324   ABV: 10.8%
RUINING PALATES SINCE 2002
In June 2012, we celebrated the 10th birthday of our notoriously mega-hopped double IPA, Stone Ruination IPA, with the release of a very special version that was even bigger and, incredibly, even hoppier than the original. If Stone Ruination IPA is ďA Liquid Poem to the Glory of the Hop,Ē then Stone Ruination Tenth Anniversary IPA was an amped-up heavy metal version of that ode delivered with the force of a sledgehammer. Luckily for us, our fans love loud and aggressive brews, specifically when copious amounts of humulus lupulus are involved. The original release of this beer was so instantly beloved by those who dared try it

hapjydeuce (1000) - Carlsbad, California, USA - JUN 19, 2013
On tap at Stone Company Store in Oceanside. Aroma of citrus, sweet malt, hop resin and rum cake. Deep gold color with fading white head. Flavor starts sweet with undertones of earth and grass. Bitterness immediately comes in and lasts with grapefruit citrus and orange peel. Medium bodied. Personally Ilike Ruination better, this is impressive, ruinous at that. I prefer my DIPAs with an exceptional amount of balance and bright, crisp peppery finish. Leans a little sweet.

Chudwick (3175) - Taylor Mill, Kentucky, USA - JUN 19, 2013
Draft - pours deep gold with white head and great lacing. Nose is cat urine. Super hoppy and mild malty backbone. Underwhelmed.

TimsRatings (421) - - JUN 18, 2013
From 22oz bottle. Poured a lovely gold with a two inch head that quickly dissipated. Mild aroma. Was told RuinTen compared to Enjoy By, but that whereas Enjoy By screamed of fresh hoppiness, RuinTen takes its hoppiness in stride - ready, willing, and able to strip the enamel from your teeth (but in a good way). I don't disagree with that. Powerful hoppy flavor that stays on he tongue without blasting away the ability to taste a beer ala Palate Wrecker. Glad I was able to grab two bottles. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Sathorael (159) - Oceanside, California, USA - JUN 17, 2013
Pours a rich amber with massive off white head. Aromas of pine resin and a barrage of earthy floral notes. Taste is huge hoppy flavors of pine, grass cuttings, grapefruit, and citrus. Finish is dry and hop forward with a brilliant lingering bitterness. Very VERY earthy beer.

NeZZeN (7) - Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 17, 2013 does not count
Poured a nice clear burnt orange,small 1/2 finger head, decent lacing. This is one of, if not the best, DIPA Iíve ever had ! The aroma hits you right in the face HOPS..HOPS.. HOPS. Nice citrusy/resinous aroma. The taste is a balanced bitter/sweet and lingers forever. I donít know if this could be bettered in any way. This is the way I remembered it from last year, smooth on the palate and delicious. Donít wait to try this fresh, as it does not age well.

krumbum (1109) - truckee, California, USA - JUN 17, 2013
Clear glowing amber color. Amazing warm hop smells. Deliciously balanced hop warm smooth wow. A perfect way to highlight a great beer with the perfect brewing of it. Delicious!!!!!!!

kewlhand (11) - Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 17, 2013
Crisp hot bite with a hearty malt backbone. Well balanced. Nice copper color with a thin head.

thome50 (1294) - Morro Bay via Orange County, California, USA - JUN 15, 2013
Bottle, pre-release, thanks J! Pours a deep amber orange with medium head. Aroma is hoppy, slight dank and sweet. Taste is great for this high an alcohol DIPA. Well balanced but not masked. Sweet with a danky lingering effect. Bitter towards the 3/4 mark. Very easy to drink for this style even knowing the ABV. Really nice for a Stone beer. I just with I could find this quality outside of the hard to get DIPAs as of late.

skoisirius (1909) - Earth, Washington, USA - JUN 12, 2013
Wow...Ratebeerians apparently really love their Stone, donít they? 100 percentile?! I mean, this is one hoppy as fuck thick malt backboned beverage...but 100 right out the gate? Cray. Regardless, itís big, itís bold, itís hopped like a mofo. Get it!

shrevis (10) - Illinois, USA - MAY 16, 2013
This beer kicked me on my ass and I loved every second of it. Delicious and insanely hoppy at the same time. I'm glad I was finally able to get some. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone