overall
Formerly brewed at Stone Brewing
Style: Abbey Tripel
Escondido, California USA

RATINGS: 265   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.71/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 228   ABV: 7.6%
Sawyer’s Triple is based upon the traditional "Golden Triple" style of strong ale, hailing from Belgium, and weighs in at 7.6% alc/vol. The brew is deep golden in color with a distinctive spicy, sweet and hoppy nose. Effervescent carbonation leads to a modestly dry malt character with hoppy flavors and alcohol overtones. Sawyer’s Triple was formulated and brewed by Bill Sherwood.

Jeppe (2634) - Brooklyn, Alabama, USA - SEP 27, 2004
Another gift from the great guys at Stone - I can’t thank you enough! Pours a fine though disappearing head on an orange body. Lots of yeast and hay present in the aroma. Fruit and peaches also. Too much triple for me!! Flavor is sweet and fruity and rather syrupy. Strong hay notes. Not really a beer for me, since I’m not a fan of triples!

5000 (6900) - Hardened Liver, Washington, USA - DEC 18, 2009
Bottle:   Vibrant straw, clear but with some sediment, moderate to small sudsy white head, spotty lacing.   Dusty nose, a little mealy and cardboard.   Not bad but seems past its prime.   Yeah, cardboard and mealy type malts on the tongue.   Should have drank this one sooner.   Bready, but in that wet cardboard sort of fashion.   Body and mouthfeel are moderate.   Finishes okay, not as bright as I would have imagined it should have been.   Lingering cardboard.   I waited too long to try this one, but decent otherwise.   Thanks Bob for this freebie from one of my first trades.   Been cherishing this one for a while.   Should have drank this sooner.

6/3/6/3/12

htsprint1 (53) - Urbana, Illinois, USA - MAY 5, 2005
Pulled out of that magic fridge at the Hampton after the Dark Lord release. I don’t know if my palate was fried or what, but I got very little out of this. Pleasant enough fruity aroma. Watery mouthfeel. I really had to search to find the flavors here. Very subtle fruit thing going on. I still can’t find the hops. I’m a fan of triples, just not this one :(

doubleo (1432) - San Diego, California, USA - JAN 30, 2008
On-tap 1/28/08 at Stone. I’m way down for the good cause and all but man, it’s overrated, this brew is average at best. Pours golden yellow with a fizzy white head that fades quickly to nothing. Faint smell of sweet bready malts. Tastes bready, malty sweet, banana, apricot, with a touch of citrus. Mouthfeel is full, carbonation is active and good at first but it fades ignificantly towards the end of the glass.

duff (5486) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - MAR 3, 2009
Bottle (thanks reakt). Sweetish and alcoholic, with less finesse than its Belgian counterparts. This has some slightly estery citrusy fruit characters, with some noticeable alcohol. I prefer Stones hoppier anglo styles more.

kp (10880) - Woodstock, Georgia, USA - SEP 1, 2007
UPDATED: JAN 17, 2009
Name: Sawyer’s Tripple
Date: April 29, 2005
Mode: Bottle
Source: Tasting, Dark Lord Day, 2005
Appearance: hazy yellow, thin white head
Aroma: sweet spicy malt aroma
Flavor: light sweet spicy malt flavor, light bitterness

Name: Sawyer’s Tripple
Date: July 02, 2006
Source: tasting
holding up really well,

Aroma: 6/10; Appearance: 5/10; Flavor: 5/10; Palate: 5/10; Overall: 10/20
Rating: 2.7/5.0
Score: *4

The score was calculated based upon the notes and an old scoring system.

ZepolK (102) - South Side Montebello, California, USA - JAN 26, 2004
Sweet floral wine aroma that pours out clear and golden yellow with almost no head. Sweet fruity flavor that reminds me of a wine cooler, too sweet almost candy like. Very thin mouth feel and metallic aftertaste. I can honestly say this is not my favorite offering from the Stone Brewing Company.

Hildigöltur (5103) - København, DENMARK - NOV 3, 2004
Amber coloured. Yeasty and fruity aroma. Very yeasty and sweet flavour. A quite boring tripel.