overall
RATINGS: 64   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.24/5   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Contract brewed for Jones Brewing Co.

A smooth refreshing all grain beer. This beer is brewed and aged the natural, costlier way. Using the finest barley, malt, selected grains and hops to produce a smooth and refreshing Stoney’s beer.

Beer Guy99 (251) - Maineville, Ohio, USA - OCT 25, 2001
Typical of a standard domestic lager but there’s enough extra depth and flavor to give Stoney’s an edge over the mass-produced domestic lagers from the giants. If Bud is your beer, why not buy Stoney’s...it’s better is every respect but close enough to your familiar style of beer to keep you happy. I’d much rather support little Jone’s Brewing Company than the giants who are trying hard to kill these little breweries. Not a bad product but I would like to see them eliminate the adjuncts and go all malt.

tornpie99 (3) - West Newton, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 5, 2001 does not count
I live a couple miles away from th brewery within the area of its popularity. I’ve thought of this as the Gewurztraminer of beers since many people either hate or love the beer. I always heard it was terrible until I actually tried it, and I thought that it isn’t bad. Of all the lower standard American beers, this ranks as my favorite.

Bov (12636) - Bienne, SWITZERLAND - MAY 28, 2001
pale yellow colour, few head, carton-like aroma, fresh, flat with a persistent plastic aftertaste.

1.1
Oakes (17684) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - FEB 19, 2001
Light lager. Touch of biscuity malt, but it’s hard to find if you’re gulping a frozen mug of the stuff. Too much acidity in the finish (reminds me of some Chinese lagers). I respect the history of these old breweries, but sometimes the beer just doesn’t live up.