overall
RATINGS: 59   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.82/5   EST. CALORIES: 95   ABV: 3.16%

1.3
jmikolich (1477) - North Ridgeville, Ohio, USA - FEB 2, 2008
12oz, Groundhog Brew 2008, consumed on groundhog day, its really light, thin, and watery, but it was free.

1.3
LowBrau (139) - Tonawanda, New York, USA - NOV 9, 2012
Pours a very light yellow - one of the palest beers I’ve ever seen. No nose to speak of. Some grainy aroma along with some burnt and vegetable notes. Kind of salty. Other times I’ve tried this I wasn’t thinking too hard about it and it seemed inoffensive. So I guess my advice is, if you’re drinking this, try not to think.

1.2
hopscotch (11113) - Vero Beach, Florida, USA - NOV 28, 2006
Draft... GBOA ’06... Clear straw-colored lager with a small, creamy, white head. Decent retention. Almost nondescript nose and flavor, but I do pick up some soapy, grainy notes with plenty of diacetyl to go around. Ultra light-bodied and fizzy. Short, crisp, clean finish. Better than Straub Premium only because it’s more watered-down and, therefore, has fewer offensive flavors and aromas.

1.2
Patrickctenchi (6593) - Cox’s Knob, columbus, Indiana, USA - SEP 8, 2012
Pours clear, light gold with a quick white head. Scent is....almost no scent....almost no taste. A little grain, a hint of saltiness. What precious little there is, isn’t bad, it’s just....next to nothing. I f you want to drink all day and don’t want to worry about the effects....this is the one.

1.1
shrubber85 (11410) - Greenville, Indiana, USA - SEP 21, 2012
Bottle. Lactic barley malt aroma. Pale yellow with small head. Tap water with hint of malt and hay hops. A bit of flavor - not much but luckily not horribly unpleasant.

Vac (2445) - San Diego, California, USA - AUG 18, 2003
This beer (and I use the term loosly) pours with a very pale (and I mean pale) yellow body topped by a medium thick white quickly disappearing head with surprisingly good lacing. The nose is a grainy, grassy hop aroma with musty notes and a tiny bit of malt. The aroma is stronger than expected but not all that appetizing. Umm, yeah ok, after how strong the aroma was I expected a little flavor, but a glass of water is what I got instead. Very, very light bodied and smooth with a touch of dryness.

bigrond (1499) - factoryville, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 24, 2008
3.16% ouch. this shouldn’t be considered a beer. It to low in every respect. I’m sorry but this one is a loser.

dbarnold (1127) - Bethesda, Maryland, USA - APR 12, 2011
Stuff sucks, has no flavor whatsoever. Take everything I wrote about regular Straub and note that this has even less taste. You’ll get slightly more drunk on this than seltzer, but seltzer tastes much better.

0.9
FUNK (120) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 19, 2001
My god i can’t belive something exist with less of a tast then staub. It had no smell and next to no tast, except when it warmed up and then it tasted like a beer fart. I could piss in a bottle and it would be better then this.

0.9
BBB63 (6557) - La Porte, Indiana, USA - FEB 13, 2004
Oh boy, the 02/02/2004 version. lucky me. Pale straw hue, fizzy diminishing head and no lace. The aroma is that of grassy and wet grains, mild malt hints and nothing else, very weak nose. The taste had a citric twang, touch lemon zest, and buttery biscuit. Bland and watery. The hint of bitter aftertaste. Watery, fizzy, light mouthfeel. A poor brew from a poor brewery, but their stuff does appeal to the masses of western PA. Makes Iron City seem world-class.