RATINGS: 406   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.82/5   EST. CALORIES: 138   ABV: 4.6%
A full-bodied American lager unlike most, Stroh’s beer sports a craft brew pedigree. Enriched with hop varieties usually found only in craft brews, Stroh’s lager offers a distinct and distinguished taste with a preponderance of Cascade and Willamette hops from the great Northwest. Pungent and pleasing, Stroh’s stands apart from the usual lager taste profile in flavor, but not in alcohol.

slowrunner77 (13368) - Reno, Nevada, USA - AUG 20, 2014
I remember this from back in the day but hadn’t had one in a LONG time til the other day. Not turrible. Not a masterpiece. It’s almost nostalgic for me, so it probably tastes better than it really was. Not just pee water. Definitley the classic "beery" smell and taste of my youth

Ctplt777 (533) - Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA - JUL 30, 2014
Alight look, this beer isn’t trying to change the world here. It’s the BEST cheap beer you will ever drink. It’s actually not bad at all despite what anyone says. I would take this over a lot of the trendy beers right now. You can get a lot of beer for a small price. It’s the perfect cheap beer. It has all the weird flavors and smells but it works and works gloriously. I love Strohs, too bad it’s hard to find. If you stumble across it get it and don’t be damn snob.

Bulk_Carrier (6064) - Vermont, USA - JUL 29, 2014
What my dad and grandpa grew up on. Reviewed from notes. This was poured into a pilsener glass. The appearance was a light yellow color with a quarter finger of white foamy head that died within seconds. Carbonation was rising at a pace that just seemed like it wanted to scream right on out of the glass. The smell, well, that left a lot to be desired. Sweetened cereal? The taste was the same as the smell. On the palate, this sat extremely light and came across extremely smooth and simple. Overall, its hard to bust on a beer that my relatives drank back in the day but for me, I can’t really see myself having this again. I know better pale lagers out there if I want one.

kmlen87 (24) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 6, 2014
If its made from Pabst, you know its good. Not a great flavor but good for getting drunk if you need a PBR upgrade.

vilsack1987 (24) - - JUN 1, 2014
Nice can, but not that great of a beer. I bought it because it was cheap and I planned on getting drunk and its doing a great job for that.

Weevo (187) - Indiana, USA - MAY 13, 2014
Can or bottle. Been drinking this since high school, still my favorite lawnmower beer. Go ahead make fun of me, I can take it. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

drdon13 (1) - Cranston, Rhode Island, USA - MAY 4, 2014 does not count
As a non-craft domestic lager this beer is in the top rank, with a nice yeasty flavor and excellent finish. It is no fluke that Consumer Reports considered this the best domestic beer several years ago, calling it "full bodied and complex for a regular beer... with "floral, fruity hop notes." Clearly they had some beer connoisseurs on their rating panel who appropriately evaluated Stroh’s against other beers in its price range, where it is a stand-out!

Bif (2415) - St. Charles, Missouri, USA - APR 12, 2014
Can. Pours a straw color with a fair head and not much lacing. Aroma of mild citrus light malt sweetness and grain. taste of light malt sweetness, bit of citrus and grain. Mild bitterness and a clean finish. light body, clean and refreshing. Good as a lawnmower beer or a BBQ. Better than expected.

jrodooo5 (1753) - DOVER, Delaware, USA - MAR 16, 2014
I think I’m feeling generous today cause this isn’t nearly as terrible as I was expecting. I’m not big at all on pale lagers but this seems to be pretty close to par. Has a beer smell to it & a fairly balanced beer like taste. Can’t say that I’m a fan but I’m not dumping this either!

y2japa (3) - Mattawan, Michigan, USA - FEB 5, 2014 does not count
For a macro brew it’s one of the best. Fuller in body and flavor than most and much more complex in flavor. If you’re in the mood for a macro brew find a six-pack of bottles to try; significantly better than in cans.