overall
Brewed by Bulmers Cider (Heineken UK)
Style: Cider
Hereford, England

RATINGS: 900   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.46/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Avaialable in keg, bottle and can.
4.5% on draught, 5.0% in other formats (previsously 5.3%).

beanmedic (347) - Hamilton, Ontario, CANADA - AUG 31, 2004
UPDATED: FEB 27, 2005 really pale and fizzy. no head. worse looking than a canadian macro lager (and that says a lot). really tart finish, appley taste. not too impressed.

haddonsman (1234) - Derby, Derbyshire, ENGLAND - AUG 28, 2004
Draught. Let’s be honest - it’s a world away from what I see as proper cider; stuff with bits in that tastes of apples. But, when the weather is hot and the beer choice at the bar is bad, Strongbow is a damn site more palatable than nearly all the mainstream lagers on tap in the UK. It’s cold, it’s fizzy, it’s barely related to an apple but it could be worse.

nickchalk (229) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - AUG 23, 2004
Golden cider. Overall it is a little tart, which I like, though lacks focus, too watery. Enjoyable though. Draught.

TC2642 (265) - Worcester, Worcestershire, ENGLAND - AUG 21, 2004
Can. Usual big name cider. Not much to be said about it, sweetish then dry with no real character. Bit rubbish really.

1.4
ThomasE (5174) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - AUG 20, 2004
Cider is really not my thing, but ok if you can get it ice cold on a warm day.

heemer77 (5358) - Urbandale, Iowa, USA - AUG 11, 2004
UPDATED: AUG 16, 2004 My first cider in a can. Has a deep gold coloring with just a tiny bit of head around the edges of the glass. Very few bubbles. Aroma is apple juice and some cheap wine. The taste is very dry. I guess most of my ciders have been in the US, so maybe we make them sweeter here. This is about as bad of a macro cider that I have tried. Very little character and certainly little to make me want to try it again. Has a terrible styrofoam finish.

Walt (2449) - Austin, Texas, USA - AUG 7, 2004
Yellow and very carbonated...this is what I think a cider should be...moderate sweetness with a hint of apple in the nose, taste, and finish...dry finish also...

punkeedo (498) - Covington, Louisiana, USA - JUL 30, 2004
UPDATED: MAR 23, 2006 This is a really nice cider. The palate is somewhat sharp and biting, with a champagne-like carbonation. The aroma is of apple juice, and it tastes almost like soured apple juice. It really is a good cider, though. It would best be described as apple champagne. My friend Marvin said of it, as we watched people dance in an Italian bar, "I could really drink this after cutting the grass back home." Aye, Marvin. That, we both could. Update 3/23: After returning to the States and having this cider several years later, my fondness for it has waned. Though it is enjoyable, I find it a bit more watery in comparison to other ciders and lacking in its appearance and aroma. I still like it for sentimental reasons, however.

Ungstrup (37587) - Citizen of the universe, DENMARK - JUL 19, 2004
A pale yellow cider with no head. The aroma is sweet of apples. The flavor is slightly sour with light notes of apples.

swiseman (502) - Fredericton, New Brunswick, CANADA - JUL 17, 2004
good apple/beer aroma. not as sweet as I expected, but refreshing on a warm day. strong taste of alcohol. pale yellow color much like real apple juice