%>
overall
Brewed by Stuttgarter Hofbräu (Oetker Group)
Style: Dortmunder/Helles
Stuttgart, Germany
Serve in Lager glass

RATINGS: 18   MEAN: 3.06/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.04/5   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
Vollmundig-frisch. Ein einmaliger Genuss dank der milden Hopfung und dem Stammwürzegehalt von über 12%.

PilsnerSensei110 (1) - St Louis Metro Area, Illinois, USA - SEP 29, 2017 does not count
Before going to Stuttgart-Vaihingen Germany in the military, I would sometimes drink a "beer" with friends, usually something like a Coors or Budweiser. It was purely to be social and I really preferred most other beverages. My first weekend we had a party. They had Hofbrau. WOW. This was a beer with flavor. During my time in Germany, I tried many of the different beers but to me Stuttgarter Hofbrau was the best. It made a beer drinker of me. If I could get it here where I live, I would buy it. I have actually tried to get local liquor stores to allow me to special order it. Living in St Louis area, we have lots of microbreweries that make good beers, but none compare to Hofbrau. Maybe it is the fact it is the first beer I really enjoyed, but I have found none that compare.

McTapps (6957) - Reutlingen, GERMANY - AUG 7, 2012
Bottle shared on vacation with my beloved hubby MichaelBruch. Sad that it isn’t available in our region, only in the south of Germany. Clear, crisp body, light foam. Perfect for a hot day.

Maria (10211) - Thisted, DENMARK - JUL 5, 2014
It’s warm golden with a huge, creamy head. The aroma has notes of bread, fresh grain and flowers. The flavor has a light sweetness and notes of fresh grfain, brread, flowers and the finish is slightly dry and spicy - nice!

stevoj (5434) - Boise, Idaho, USA - JUL 3, 2012
Liked this export much better than the normal pils from this brewery. Crisp, clean and sharp, but lacking the creamy, fluffy head of some of its German competition. Maybe the draft variety would fare better.... This export restores my faith in Stuttgarter Hofbrau, and give Dinkel Acker a run for its money. I’ll search this out at the next Volksfest (Oktoberfest in Stuttgart).

beeracoon (511) - - FEB 7, 2013
Spicy aroma. Likewise Spicy taste and palate. One of the best Export beers I know. Great.

neur0 (1426) - Hannover, GERMANY - MAY 3, 2013
(Tap) Es hat eine zitronengelbe Farbe, ist blank filtriert mit einer weißen Schaumkrone. Das Aroma ist süß und getreidig mit einer leichten würzigen Note. Der Geschmack ist schlank, kaum süß und sehr bitter. Die bittere ist schlank und bleibt lange und angenehm auf der Zunge.

MichaelAwesome (6545) - Wanne-Eickel, GERMANY - AUG 7, 2012
From tap and in 0,5 l bottle. Tap was huge, bottle surprisingly too much carbonated. Light sweet malty aroma with some hops. Goes well with some traditional swabian meals. Classical colour and taste. In the near of that how an export should be.toast,

fonefan (50674) - VestJylland, DENMARK - SEP 15, 2013

Bottle 500ml. @ home on the terrace.

Clear medium orange yellow colour with a average to large, frothy to creamy, good lacing, mostly to fully lasting, off-white to white head. Aroma is moderate malty, pale malt, hay, fruity, pale malt, light to moderate hoppy, grass. Flavour is moderate to light light heavy sweet and bitter with a long duration, fruity, pale malt, grass, fresh, crispy hops. Body is medium, texture is oily, carbonation is soft. [20130324]

Quack-Duck (9487) - Down South, GERMANY - NOV 2, 2009
bottle. Clear golden yellow with a large and persistent head, like beaten egg-white. Full-bodied, solid malty background with some aromatic and bitter hops. Well-balanced, with shy hints of fruit.

Mariusz (12088) - Baden-Baden, GERMANY - MAR 10, 2012
A hazy golden beer with a beige head. The aroma has notes of malt, straw, and fruit. The flavor is sweet with notes of malt and straw, leading to a lightly bitter finish.