overall
RATINGS: 723   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.27/5   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Summit Extra Pale Ale is not a beer brewed only for beer snobs. Just the opposite. It’s a beer for everyone to enjoy: construction workers, stock brokers, farmers, sales people, clerks, teachers, lawyers, doctors, even other brewers. Its light bronze color and distinctly hoppy flavor have made it a favorite in St. Paul, Minneapolis and the rest of the Upper Midwest ever since we first brewed it back in 1986.

MoreHead (355) - Minnetonka, Minnesota, USA - JAN 17, 2006
pours a clear amber color with minimal head and average thin lacing. aroma was very perfumey with notes of sweet grainy hops. taste was fairly pleasant with malty body and bitter hoppy finish.

KennyKonif (10) - Breckenridge, Minnesota, USA - JAN 9, 2006
Pretty comon beer in my parts of the woods. A good beer, but I have had better. I here it’s to be drank warm, but I still like my beer served chilled. Call me AMERICAN.

paulmetzger (154) - Pocatello, Idaho, USA - JAN 9, 2006
UPDATED: FEB 3, 2006 The best APA in the midwest. Nice light malt with good hop profile. Great session beer.

3fourths (9345) - Boulder, Colorado, USA - DEC 19, 2005
Light yellow appearance - clear. Slightly sweet nose of wheat, grains and honey, with some very mild hops. Texture is a bit fizzy, but overall it’s decent in the body with a sweet, non-imposing flavor of light grassy hops and a sweet, light malt body.

PGA324 (86) - Savage, Minnesota, USA - DEC 14, 2005
Poured from bottle a clear amber-orange, with lively carbonation. Off-white head and lacing improved from average/fair to good/excellent as the beer warmed. The beer had a light hop aroma with a touch of citrus. Flavor was light to moderately bitter and average in duration. I would drink this beer again.

Rockinout (966) - Kent, Ohio, USA - NOV 26, 2005
Nice citrus nose, not overpowering but there. Lasting white head on the edge over a golden body. Somewhat thin with a tasty citrus bitterness.

wnhay (722) - Princeton, New Jersey, USA - NOV 10, 2005
Aroma was pleasant with citrus, apple, pine and caramel. Taste was unpleasant for me with apricot in it. This was not my kind of Pale Ale.

dkoonce (911) - People’s Republic of Athens, Ohio, USA - NOV 5, 2005
Medium body with little head. Nice aroma with a fruity, almost apple tone. Hops are not overdone.

grant (842) - Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA - NOV 1, 2005
Not really that pale at all, less so than I’d expect from a beer with the moniker "Extra pale." Light biscuity, green pepper aroma with slight burnt characteristics. Flavor comes out fairly thin with light floral hoppiness and a slight bit of soapiness. Very mildly sweet doughy malt flavor at the end of the sip. Very clean, lightly bitter finish. Overall very clean but lacking in distinct character.

pinkzambia (1931) - Boise, Idaho, USA - OCT 11, 2005
On Tap at Spike’s Sports Bar & Grill: Dark gold color with an off-white head and sticky lacing. Good malt & hop balance. The hops presented juniper shrub tastes which I would have preferred a little more of. But overall, this is thin and carbonated and I found it to be one of those refreshing brews.