overall
RATINGS: 250   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.47/5   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
Osiris Pale Ale is an assertive American Pale and is not meant for the timid. Crafted by our Brewers for our Brewers, Osiris blends three choice varieties of American hops to create a spicy, citrus hop punch that is sure to satisfy any hop head. Every batch of Osiris is dry-hopped towards the end of fermentation for maximum hop flavor, aroma and character.

zsb19 (168) - Cincinnati, Kentucky, USA - OCT 23, 2014
Aroma is bready malt with some floral and citrus hops present. Appearance is hazy golden with a thin white head. Taste is soft bread and caramel malt upfront that turns into citrus and pine hops mid-palate. The follow through is lingering grapefruit and pine bite with some spiciness. Palate is somewhat thin as you would expect for a pale ale. Overall this is an outstanding pale ale in my opinion. There is a lot going on in the flavor profile for a pale. Definitely makes me want to go back for that next drink.

Aubrey (3516) - Bellingham, Washington, USA - DEC 7, 2011
Solid pale ale. Hoppy, yet not excessively bitter. Very balanced, actually. Malt side has elements of bread, caramel and biscuits -- without being overly sweet. Hops are citrusy and slightly grassy with a fitting bite of bitterness. Great session beer.

bhensonb (15251) - Woodland, California, USA - JUL 4, 2012
Can from Liz. Pours light amber with a 3 finger creamy white head. Aroma: cat pee is next to godliness. It’s not all that simple, but it’s a very citrus aroma. Near med body. Flavor is a lot of citrus hop over a barely noticeable malt backbone. Finishes spicy/hoppy. Just excellent.

jsquire (4496) - St. Marys, Ohio, USA - AUG 19, 2012
Deep golden color out of the can with a thin white head. Nice grapefruit hop nose. Big citrus rind flavors with candied grapefruit rind and orange juice. Long citrus finish. This is a really good pale ale.

AndyW68 (1542) - Louisville, Kentucky, USA - FEB 24, 2013
Clear yellow orange with white head. Aroma is primarily citrus. Tastes of citrus and hops. Slightly bitter. Nice beer.

Ibrew2or3 (8614) - Tempe, Arizona, USA - APR 22, 2013
Sweet trade bonus beer from StFun and my first Sun King rate! The 16oz can pours with a crystal clear deep gold body with copper hues and supporting a full nearly white head of foam. The aroma is citrusy with grapefruit, lime and tangelo and I’m also getting a light malt sweetness off in the background somewhere. The taste is pretty rich for a Pale with citrusy hop notes supported by mild malt sweetness and then a touch of biscuit malts. It leaves behind a nice hoppiness thinly rimmed with bitter resiny hops into the after taste. Not really a crisp sessionable Pale but it tastes pretty darn good.

edwardbass (840) - Illinois, USA - NOV 22, 2013
16oz can from Crown Liquors in downtown Indy. Golden color, aroma is lost on me thanks to my sinuses. Taste is of citrus hops with a nice malt background. This is a very well balanced beer and I wish I had more than I brought home with me. If you’re a fan of citrus-hops pale ales, you’ll enjoy this one quite a bit.

Cletus (6355) - Connecticut, USA - AUG 12, 2010
Can courtesy of stfun. Pours copper with a lasting white head. Smells of some floral notes, dry malt, some funky touches. Tastes of sweet oranges, caramel, honeydew, some peppery hints and a spicy finish. zenjoyable.

RapeBeer (21) - Indiana, USA - DEC 14, 2010
Okay. I’m not a fan of pale ales and I’m not on drinking terms with IPAs. I appreciate how important hops is to the beer making process but I do NOT appreciate the unbridled flavor of hops found in pale ales and IPAs. There, I said it. That being said, I actually enjoyed Sun King’s Osiris Pale Ale. Now, I must admit to being at least a LITTLE biased in favor of Sun King, which is the only functional local brewery in Indianapolis. Osiris is a really smooth beer that lacks the unpleasant bite of most pale ales. The warm golden color is immediately inviting and the smooth flavor is instantly rewarding. At $5 a growler, Osiris is an easy win if you ever swing by the Sun King Brewery in Downtown Indianapolis.

phaleslu (10277) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - OCT 11, 2011
16 oz. can at RapeBeer’s place. Thanks, Nico! Pours a mostly clear golden-amber-orange color with a small eggshell white head. Big floral hops, grapefruit and orange citrus, caramel malts, and some resinous piney and earthy notes. Flavor worked for me better than the aroma. Light-bodied, with a citrusy mouthfeel and medium carbonation. Not quite on the level of Alpha King or Daisy Cutter, but damn close.