Brewed by Sundbytunet
Style: Smoked
Jessheim, Norway

RATINGS: 2   MEAN: 3.55/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.95/5   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%

Most RecentTicked By

Cunningham (8406) - Halden, NORWAY - SEP 18, 2013

Appearance: Clear nutty brown color with a big off white head. Good lacing.
Aroma: Malty and smoked aroma.
Palate: Medium + body. Slightly sweet and a mild bitterness. Soft carbonation.
Taste: Mild smoked and some ham on a fine deep caramel malty background.
Overall impression: Would have been nice with some more carbonation. The brewer felt it was a bit sour. I actually liked it. And I am not even a smoked fan. Probably a little bit cold as well. Nice and enjoyable.
Personal stats: On tap @ source

Glouglouburp (6103) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - OCT 30, 2012
In short: A nice moderately smoked beer with refreshing fruity flavors. Very good
How: Tap at brewpub, a glass given to me by the brewer, not on tap on that day, thanks a lot Frank
The look: Cloudy dark copper topped by a small beige head
In long: Nose is medium intensity smoked with a nice smoke character, like smelling a toned-down Schlenkerla Marzen. As with many beers I had at Sundbytunet I found this one to have nice fresh fruity character (red wild berries, pineapples, others) and of course a hefty dose of smoke. Smoke didn’t feel meaty/ham/bacon, here it was more like smoke wood. Smoke and fruity flavors worked well together and made this beer a refreshing smoked beer, something I rarely say about smoked beer. A nice glass given to me by the brewer, for free, and if it is true that the best things in life are free then it means I’m a very good thing in life because most people tell me I’m really cheap.