overall

RATINGS: 23   MEAN: 4.35/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.16/5   EST. CALORIES: 420   ABV: 14%

MrBrightside53's rating

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
MrBrightside53 (29) - Scottsdale, Arizona, USA - APR 12, 2014
Pours a dark purple. Very grape, sweet nose. Very Cabernet forward flavor with a bittersweet finish. Very nice mead!

johnnnniee (4312) - Bedford, New Hampshire, USA - DEC 10, 2016
Bottle shared by Jason tonight, thanks for the opportunity! Huge vinous nose with hints of honey sweetness. Bits of overripe fruit and a touch of earth round out the nose nicely. More Cabernet than pyment really, but there’s a light honey sweetness that makes it feel a bit different. Big and bold with lots of vinous flavor, its not something that’s normally my cup of mead, but I could enjoy sipping on this a bit.

BiiruBierBeer (1049) - Phoenix, Arizona, USA - NOV 6, 2016
This is a duplicate entry by MeadMe but I’ll rate it anyways: Slightly boozy smell (it?s 16% ABV) along with light grape and berries. Taste is deep cabernet wine, berry, honey, and a bit of alcohol taste and warmth at the end, but not so much that it is unpleasant. This was my least favorite variant of the four Aphrodisia meads that I?ve had. I prefer sweet jammy tastes tastes to dry tastes. I am not a cabernet fan at all, so if you are, then you will likely rate this higher than me. If you are looking for sweet like I am, I would go for the Syrah/Grenache, then Pinot Noir, then Syrah/Cabernet, and then the straight Cabernet. If you like dry red wine (I don?t), then the reverse order will probably fit your tastes more.
Earlier Rating: 4/13/2014 Total Score: 3.8
Slightly boozy smell (it’s 16% ABV) along with light grape and berries. Taste is deep cabernet wine, berry, honey, and a bit of alcohol taste and warmth at the end, but not so much that it is unpleasant. This was my least favorite variant of the four Aphrodisia meads that I’ve had. I prefer sweet jammy tastes tastes to dry tastes. I am not a cabernet fan at all, so if you are, then you will likely rate this higher than me. If you are looking for sweet like I am, I would go for the Syrah/Grenache, then Pinot Noir, then Syrah/Cabernet, and then the straight Cabernet. If you like dry red wine (I don’t), then the reverse order will probably fit your tastes more.

MeadMe (1661) - Fishhawk, Florida, USA - NOV 2, 2016
Pours deep purple. Aroma is sweet, Cab grape with nice earth. Flavor is wonderful and smooth. Honey sweet up front with the grapes playing perfectly off the honey. Light earth and a hint of tannin. So good. Medium in body. Not as thick as the others.
Earlier Rating: 3/21/2015 Total Score: 4.3
Pours deep purple. Aroma is very much wine like, with Cab like aromas. Flavor is full on Cab. Rich and velvety with a wonderful tannic quality. Light honey flavor but let’s be honest the grapes really shine here. Great mead.

Floydster (33) - Oceanside, California, USA - OCT 19, 2016
Fantastic grape and honey blend....reminiscent of a big red wine and then the honey transforms this into a sweet complex beast!

mcberko (17845) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - JUL 26, 2016
Bottle at Superstition, pours a deep dark mahogany. Aroma brings out prominent Pinot Noir notes upfront, followed by dry honey presence. Flavour is sweeter than the nose suggests, with an incredible red wine presence mixing with medium-high honey sweetness. Divine nectar here. An absolutely gorgeous blend of the red wine and honey. Amazing.

swaffd24 (10) - - NOV 17, 2015
Delicious drink. Aroma of grape, vanilla and a little honey. Taste of red berry, vanilla, medium finish. A treasure from Superstition.

beer_me_plx (6) - Arizona, USA - NOV 17, 2015 does not count
Surprised by the lack of grape in the nose, given the 90/10 blend. Not at all a bad thing as leaves palate open without expectation. Very sweet and full bodied, it is like an alcoholic mixed berry compote worthy of the best pancakes or cheesecake.

a_yamamoto (10) - Arizona, USA - NOV 17, 2015
Honey notes and hearty grape on the nose, ruby color, nice balance of sweet (mead) and spice (Cabernet), medium body with a long finish.

arizonagenevieve (10) - - NOV 17, 2015
hands down one of my favorite superstition meads. the sweet grape aroma is delicious. taste the grape!

SmoketreeBrewr (18) - Arizona, USA - MAY 31, 2015
Pours a beautiful amber red, aroma of ripe grapes and honey with a of carmel. Wonderful flavors of sweet honey and grapes and s hint of vanilla. Viscous but too thick, finishes with a nice port like flavor. Overall an amazing pyment!