overall

RATINGS: 29   MEAN: 3.84/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.64/5   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 85   EST. CALORIES: 200   ABV: 6.66%
Introducing Bandwagon, a West Coast India Pale Ale. This IPA is brewed with pale and crystal malts, centennial and chinook hops, and fermented with English ale yeast. Bandwagon is pale gold in color and has flavors of caramelly biscuits slathered in pineapple-orange marmalade. Bandwagon. Jump on, Get Surly!

BVery (10500) - Plymouth, Minnesota, USA - JUN 13, 2012
Tap at Target Field, section 124. Amber orange pour with a white head. Nice rich aroma and taste of citrus, biscuit, and caramel. Very good.

JK (6146) - St. Louis Park, Minnesota, USA - JUN 12, 2012
On tap at the ballpark, section 124, which I believe is the only place in the world to find this beer. Watching the Twins pound the Phillies in inter-league play tonight. Dark amber color and surprisingly well hopped with dry citrus. Flavor has on the dry side, with characteristic Surly yeast, malt, and more hops. A well hopped beer to serve at the ballpark, and it reminds me of Furious. Drinks pretty good, along with Cynic, this is probably the best beer available at Target field.

wilnatp (692) - Minnesota, USA - MAY 12, 2012
TAP: Gold/amber pour with tan/off-white head. Aroam is hops, floral and orange citrus. Taste is caramel malt balancing the citrus hops.

DalzAle (2037) - Eden Prairie, Minnesota, USA - APR 28, 2012
Tap.. Medium golden pour, average medium carbonation and a nice bitter hop aroma. Flavor is dry bitter hops, way less malt than Furious, pine, orange bitters and very dry on the finish. Really enjoyable, if given the choice between Furious and this, I would probably order this 9 time out of 10.

evanlarkin (307) - Northfield, Minnesota, USA - APR 26, 2012
At Target Field, watching the Twins get smashed on 4/24/2012. I got pretty Surly. It pours a dark red/amber color. Minimal off-white head. The smell is straight up flowers. Some malt aromas, but very dry. Taste has some pine, some grapefruit, and a decent amount of caramelly malt. In many ways it reminds me of Furious, though the aroma is quite different. It’s a solid beer in it’s own right.

falco242 (398) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - APR 24, 2012
UPDATED: APR 25, 2012 At Target Field on tap. Not bad, but really tastes like Furious. Tasty and worth the extra buck or so compared to other beer prices, but really nothing terribly special considering Surly is all over the city.

Atom (2448) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - APR 13, 2012
On tap at the ballpark section 124, pours an amber/brown with a small khaki head. Aroma of herbal hop spice, citrus, and caramel malt. Taste has a nice balance of spicy hops, citrus, and caramel malt. It’d say this is a more mellow version Furious with less of a hop bite but slightly more bitter. Still very nice and a bright spot on a dreary day and Twins loss to the Rangers.

allendodd (117) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - APR 12, 2012
Big floral and citrus hops but not so much the piney in this one. Furious has been my go-to beer for several years now. Tyler, the beer buyer, knows which cooler and the bright red cans I’m headed for when I come in the store, but I have to say that I’m thinking that this beer might supplant Furious if it were available canned and outside of Target field. I’m making this assertion based on one glass this afternoon, my first baseball game of the summer, in a glorious, brilliant sun watching the Twins come back from a 6 run deficit to beat the Angels, but I’m thinking that the lighter and less assertively bitter qualities of this one could make it my favorite If I didn’t have to invest $8.75 in a 20oz (?) pour on top of a game ticket. Good beer. Well done Surly. And, by the way, what IS the appropriate glassware for a beer available only in a ballpark? http://i.imgur.com/Y8XGI.jpg

mattyb83 (737) - Minnesota, USA - APR 11, 2012
Tap at the stadium. My girlfriend is giving me dirty looks. It’s good, but not as good as furious.