overall
RATINGS: 461   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.44/5   SEASONAL: Autumn   IBU: 20   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Finally, a Surly beer my German mother will drink. She says this one tastes like a bier from back home. Not unlike a Zwickel Bier from Germany, Hell is our filtered and fermented with lager yeast, American hops takes a back seat to the Pils malt sweetness and fresh bread aroma. The color is well... hell (Deutsch for light). It’s fiendishly drinkable, and you don’t have to sell your soul to get another.

HonusWagner (2250) - Florida, USA - SEP 7, 2012
If you’re surprised that I love this beer, you probably don’t know me very well. Awesome crackery pilsner malt character with refreshing grassy hop character? Sign me up for a billion, and I could actually drink a billion because this is extremely easy to down.

PaulMcClure (22) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - JUL 21, 2017
UPDATED: JUL 21, 2017 As far as lagers go, this is absolutely the top of my list. Really nice malt with an easy bitterness. Perfect for sipping in the summer.

Kjmash (4) - USA - OCT 28, 2017 does not count
UPDATED: OCT 28, 2017 Reminds me of the first time I tasted beer. Full of malty flavor and just a touch of bitterness.