RATINGS: 101   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.92/5   EST. CALORIES: 324   ABV: 10.8%
an exceptionally rich, powerful stout in the style originally brewed in England for the Tsars of Russia...warming and complex with flavors of dried fruit & chocolate...a silver medal winner at the Great American Beer Festival in Denver, CO in September ‘01

• Statistics
  • Locate Sellers

3fourths (9405) - Boulder, Colorado, USA - OCT 4, 2004
UPDATED: OCT 10, 2013 GABF 2004 - Under the name Great American Restaurants High Desert Imperial Stout - Black body, medium sized brown head. Musty, leafy basil, plum, compost and cabbage aromas, with a piney sweet hop/juniper note as well. Flavor of wood and plums, average body, medium alcohol presence with a chalky and sour finish. I sampled this beer on two nights of the GABF, the first time being turned off by the vegetable/basil notes, but on the second night I was more impressed. Something I have at the top of my list for a rerate.

thebaldwizard (1207) - Ohio, USA - MAY 2, 2007
Handbottle from Dickinsonbeer. Huge thanks for this brew! Aroma is hot, with some mollasses--but even more soy. Black body is oily and thick. The hop and malt mixture doesn’t work for me in this stout. Plenty of huge malt and coffee/chocolate flavor, but there is an underlying bitterness that throws me off.

Butters (4063) - Richmond, Virginia, USA - APR 23, 2008
Once again, thanks to maniac for supplying me. Growler. Pours like used motor oil. Very full bodied. Lots of dark chocolate and alcohol present. Didn’t care for it personally.